on 20 August 2003
Strobel asks the kind of questions I might want to ask of these Bible scholars - but would probably have been to polite to. What can be seen from this is that the most extensive, probing questioning will help the subject present their case all the more convincingly, that is, if it is true.
The book is well-paced. It flows and is gripping. I really didn't want to close the book when I got to the end of a chapter... I wanted to keep reading. Strobel really does get these scholars to explain every angle. Far from being musty, these interviewees are exciting and have a story to tell.
By the end of this book I was in no doubt about the facts and the conclusion they led to. I had gone through the same journey as Strobel; from doubt to faith.
This book is a must-have, whether you are a Christian or not. In fact if you're not, read this book and see if it answers your questions about why you are not. I'm betting it will.
on 25 September 2013
A wonderful investigative insight into the various foundation stones of the Christian faith. Clear historical perspective is provided concerning both Christ himself and those associated with during those critically important early years and decades which witnessed the birth of Christianity.
on 17 November 2015
I haven't actually finished reading this yet, but so far it is excellent. It's written in a very accessible style; so far I can say that he's using a lot of the logic that CS Lewis used, but in a more colloquial style. I would definitely recommend it; it was recommended to me by a relative who had not had a Christian up-bringing and knew absolutely nothing about the BIble, or had misconceived a good bit of what he did know. I think he is now "in the process" of re-thinking his beliefs (or lack of them) probably in no small part because of this book.
on 17 January 2015
A fantastic book. Ideal for those wishing to know more about Christ (the person, as historically documented) yet the book is written in an easy, interesting and a delightful way. An excellent book and an easy read that cuts to the chase and and is unafraid to ask some serious questions and then reveal some serious and interesting answers. Very educational, enlightening and inspirational. A good book for believers and doubters alike.
on 3 September 2013
This was fantastic, I think everyone should read it!
There are invaluable points and pieces of evidence in Strobel's journey to discovering Jesus Christ that reiterated what I knew and gave me other things to think about and learn for myself!
I read it in 2 days straight.
on 19 September 2015
I didn't find this that great a book. I've seen lee strobels stuff in the past and found it more worthwhile to save the money and watch one of his videos on YouTube.
on 21 May 2006
This book is fantastic and well sourced, when I first became Christian I began to wonder about how historical what I believed was and read loads of books, a lot of them very dry academic documents. This book sources them but is a lot more readable. Every assertion Strobel or one of his interviewees makes is backed up by reliable academic material (academic material means that it is peer reviewed, i'm surprised the "scientist" who reviewed below didn't think about this).

I would thoroughly reccomend it, it is well researched and reliable but much more readable than other similar works.
on 26 December 2013
I know this writer and I have the first edition of this book myself, and it is GOOD. And I want to put the very best in the hands of my young granddaughter. It gives you a lot of answers for today's questions. Many times I have used my own book when helping people out whenever they needed an explanation to the seemingly impossible happenings in early Christendom. A truly great book!
on 7 December 2011
Personally, I read Lee Strobel's original Case for Christ when I was a third year at university and found it totally gripping. In the original interviews he goes into great depth regarding the origin of scripture, the writings of contemporary scholars (such as Josephus) and, to be honest, obtains answers questions I hadn't even thought of yet! The only issue with the original is that it's a relatively heavy read and will simply not be finished by many people. Since encountering The Student Edition of The Case for Christ, I've passed this on to three people, all of whom found it both intelligent and challenging, yet readable. My sister, who is completing a medical degree and will not habitually read for pleasure due to the vast amount of time she devotes to studying, loved this. The format is visually attractive and the writing engaging. Would highly recommend.
on 1 June 2015