5.0 out of 5 stars well-paced, informative, exciting read
Strobel asks the kind of questions I might want to ask of these Bible scholars - but would probably have been to polite to. What can be seen from this is that the most extensive, probing questioning will help the subject present their case all the more convincingly, that is, if it is true.
The book is well-paced. It flows and is gripping. I really didn't want to...
Published on 20 Aug 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could give it 0 stars
Published on 24 April 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars well-paced, informative, exciting read, 20 Aug 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: The Case for Christ Student Edition: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus (Paperback)
The book is well-paced. It flows and is gripping. I really didn't want to close the book when I got to the end of a chapter... I wanted to keep reading. Strobel really does get these scholars to explain every angle. Far from being musty, these interviewees are exciting and have a story to tell.
By the end of this book I was in no doubt about the facts and the conclusion they led to. I had gone through the same journey as Strobel; from doubt to faith.
This book is a must-have, whether you are a Christian or not. In fact if you're not, read this book and see if it answers your questions about why you are not. I'm betting it will.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probing and honest., 25 Sep 2013
P. W. Charnley (United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
A wonderful investigative insight into the various foundation stones of the Christian faith. Clear historical perspective is provided concerning both Christ himself and those associated with during those critically important early years and decades which witnessed the birth of Christianity.

5.0 out of 5 stars so good, 3 Sep 2013
This was fantastic, I think everyone should read it!
There are invaluable points and pieces of evidence in Strobel's journey to discovering Jesus Christ that reiterated what I knew and gave me other things to think about and learn for myself!
I read it in 2 days straight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 May 2006
Ms. K. Tomlinson (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This book is fantastic and well sourced, when I first became Christian I began to wonder about how historical what I believed was and read loads of books, a lot of them very dry academic documents. This book sources them but is a lot more readable. Every assertion Strobel or one of his interviewees makes is backed up by reliable academic material (academic material means that it is peer reviewed, i'm surprised the "scientist" who reviewed below didn't think about this).

I would thoroughly reccomend it, it is well researched and reliable but much more readable than other similar works.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas gift for my granddaughter, 26 Dec 2013
I know this writer and I have the first edition of this book myself, and it is GOOD. And I want to put the very best in the hands of my young granddaughter. It gives you a lot of answers for today's questions. Many times I have used my own book when helping people out whenever they needed an explanation to the seemingly impossible happenings in early Christendom. A truly great book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for students - or for people who just want the plain facts!, 7 Dec 2011
JA Taylor (Liverpool, England) - See all my reviews
Personally, I read Lee Strobel's original Case for Christ when I was a third year at university and found it totally gripping. In the original interviews he goes into great depth regarding the origin of scripture, the writings of contemporary scholars (such as Josephus) and, to be honest, obtains answers questions I hadn't even thought of yet! The only issue with the original is that it's a relatively heavy read and will simply not be finished by many people. Since encountering The Student Edition of The Case for Christ, I've passed this on to three people, all of whom found it both intelligent and challenging, yet readable. My sister, who is completing a medical degree and will not habitually read for pleasure due to the vast amount of time she devotes to studying, loved this. The format is visually attractive and the writing engaging. Would highly recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars I wish I could give it 0 stars, 24 April 2005
By A Customer
As a scientist I was always taught to examine the quality of my data. Lee Strobel fails at the first fence by never seriously questioning how the bible was written. The evidence of Josphus and Tacitus which he regards as so pivotal is widely discredited by many scolars - even Christian ones. The 12 interviewees are held up as impressive academics in an attempt at intimidating the mere mortal reader into accepting their opinion as unarguable. There are no investgations of the similarity of the Jesus story to much older cults such as Dionysis.
Christan readers will love it and think they have finally found a solid base for their faith. Anyone else will see that it is a well written attempt to gloss over the total absence of undisputed, independant evidence for a real historical Jesus.