5.0 out of 5 stars thought provoking but you have to be picky.
The book was challenging and could provoke thought for genuine people trying to find answers . there is a lot of logical arguments and expertise from people who originally approached christianity with skepticism.i used to be a christian but am trying to review all the evidence to make an informed choice.this book has helped to start to get my brain ticking and i have...
Published on 28 Jun 2007 by C. Mackenzie

2.0 out of 5 stars I am not yet convinced by Lee Strobel
Having discussed some questions which I have about things I don't understand in the bible, some friends recommended that I get this book and read chapter 6. My main question is whether hell is God's way of taking revenge or whether he's doing it in order to punish (correct a problem). If it was revenge, which it seems to be, then it contradicts the idea of God being...
Published on 26 Oct 2010 by Stephen Oberauer

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth, 11 May 2010
This review is from: The Case for Faith: A Journalist Investigates the Toughest Objections to Christianity (Paperback)
Excellent book, well thought through and proves one can use your mind as well as your spirit in seeking to find the truth about Jesus's claims to be the Messiah, the true Son of God.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but tough to read at times, 3 Sep 2006
Wendy Jones "wjones7423" (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Having read the Case for Christ, which I thoguht was outstanding, I was looking forward to reading this book. However, although I enjoyed it, I found some areas particularly difficult to read and understand. I do not feel that this was as well written as the Case for Christ, and would hesitate before giving it to a non Chrsitian to read. Anyone who enjoys philosophy may find it easier to grapple with the issues. Overall, the book was good but I was a bit diappointed in places.

3.0 out of 5 stars This book is ok, but not as good as 'The case for Christ', 15 Aug 2001
I found this book very moving with respect to Charles Templeton (Billy Graham's former pulpit partner turned agnostic). While I do believe that the questions Templeton raised against Christianity do have answers I dont think Lee Strobel got to all of them. There are some notible exceptions, such as Ravi Zacharias's interview for example. I am not saying I think it was a bad book, far from it but 'The case for Christ' was much better. Lee Strobel's heart for Charles Templeton and people like him really did come through and that made the book worth reading. I would use some of the arguments with non Christian's but I wouldnt borrow them the book.
May God Bless you!

1.0 out of 5 stars Intellectually dishonest, 13 Mar 2013
Telboy (Holywood, Co Down, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
In this book, Lee Strobel interviews several people and tries to get their answers to the "toughest objections to Christianity". The problem is that Strobel and his interviewees have pretty much already decided what they believe, and take desperate steps to make the "evidence" (what little of it there is) fit their beliefs, rather than the other way around. A perfect example of this is given in the interview with William Lane Craig, the alleged bete noire of atheists everywhere, in relation to miracles. Craig claims that the virgin birth was a "major stumbling block" to him "becoming a Christian" because he had studied biology and he knew that "...for the virgin birth to be true, a Y chromosome had to be created out of nothing in Mary's ovum". So how did Craig deal with this problem? He "..put that issue aside and became a Christian anyway". Then after he became a Christian, hey presto! The problem went away! I found it very difficult to take Craig seriously after that but I read on nonetheless.
The rest of the interviews in this book are along very much the same lines. If you're an atheist you'll most likely just be annoyed by the shallowness and intellectual dishonesty. If you're a Christian, you'll most likely love it because it will not make you think or challenge you in any way.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Case for Faith, 23 Feb 2013
Have several titles by this author and decided to buy this title as I'm sure I won't be disapointed by it's content

5.0 out of 5 stars incredible, 26 Jan 2010
Seriously one of the best books I have ever read in my life. Strobel is nothing short of a genius. His books are easy to read, intelligent and impossible to put down. I would recommend this to atheists, agnostics, or christians.

5.0 out of 5 stars Conversational Propositions, 23 May 2009
N. John Steer - See all my reviews
Lee Strobel teezes out virtually every aspect relating to Belief beyond ourselves with compelling reasoning.

5.0 out of 5 stars ok, 24 May 2009
Quick shipping, well packed, no problems, good condition of the book - I recommend it