on 25 September 2013
interesting book - but a little too wordy for my bible study group so we are doing something else instead
on 6 July 2009
Book makes great sense although I dont agree with everything the writer says. It all makes perfect sense.
on 18 January 2016
An absolute staple for any Christian. Non-Christians should also give this a read..you won't look back..
on 5 March 2014
Brough for a friend's as I already have a copy for myself. Found very interesting to read thanks bye bye
on 12 August 2013
Simply brilliant, I was moved to buy this book after listening to Rick Warren's podcasts. I will recommend this book to anyone looking to find their purpose in life.
on 16 March 2016
Love it. I bought a copy for me and some for my friends and family.. they enjoy it just like i still do
on 15 May 2015
This is more of an introduction to Rick Warren's main book. It is a good taster, and is worth the read.
on 23 June 2013
It's not bad, I don't agree with certain principles but it's a book so I guess you don't have to.
on 26 June 2015
I found this book at a time I needed it, I passed it on after I had read it to inspire others.
on 19 August 2006
Ok, I know lots of people really like this one, so I apologise in advance...

"Purpose Driven Life" is shallow, glib and intellectually lazy. For example Warren never pursues any of the ideas in his book to their logical conclusion (ie assuming that God is incredibly interventionist, without working out the implications of this concept). He cheerfully overlooks the fact that there is `bad' as well as `good' evangelism (the idea that personal testimony is great because it "bypasses intellectual defences" is downright manipulative). I could list everything but it would take days. If you read this and love it: great. I got something out of by ignoring all the useless bits. If you're new to Christianity and found it as irritating as I did, there is more to the faith than this, including 2,000 years of wonderful Christian literature.
22 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse