Format: Hardcover|Change

on 25 September 1999
I am an avid reader, and have worked for around five years in a christian bookshop. In that time I have read a considerable volume of contemporary christian literature, but "Windows of the Soul" by Ken Gire would have to be among my top five books.
So many christian books are formulaic, and after you've read a handful, you hear the same concepts explained and the same verses quoted. Gire, however, has written a book that is challenging, and yet easy to read. A book that suggests to the reader that there are more ways to experience God than in church, prayer or bible study.
Gire maintains that the hand of God can be seen in so many ways in the world around us and in the lives of other people. These "sightings" are what Gire refers to as windows.
If you are looking to experience God in new ways, or are seeking after God and have no clue as to where to begin, Windows of the Soul is an excellent starting point.
on 7 January 2003
Read it, if you can get your hands on it. If you own it, lend it!
This book is in shortish, devotional chapters, each closed with a short prayer that beautifully sums up the reader's likely response to the content. Life-enhancing, hope-giving literature, I shall be looking avidly for Gire's other works.
on 17 August 2009
I picked this book up in a charity shop and am so glad I did. It offers another way of interpreting things that happen to us and hearing God speak. Gire can be at times perhaps too American in how he expresses himself for British tastes but fundamentally he speaks from the heart and opens up a variety of other ways of hearing from God. For example he talks about using our responses to memories, art, movies, tears and wilderness times to undertand what God is saying to us and about us.

If you are feeling God is absent or remote, this book will re-invigorate your hope.
on 1 February 2011
This is the third book I have read written by Ken Gire. It has been a life-changing read and I enjoyed it so much I bought a second copy as a present for a friend. I have enjoyed Ken Gire's writings. His style is easy to read but has the capacity to give food for thought, to challenge my thinking and at the same time bring comfort. This book has helped me on my spiritual journey to rediscover that God is in the everyday stuff of life!
on 22 December 2013
This book will open your eyes and help you connect to God. You will find yourself reading it over and over again.
on 27 March 2013
This is a book worth buying and reading. If you like to be inspired then this is a great book to read
on 10 May 2011
This is a very well written, honest and inspirational book. Refreshing to the mind and to the soul.I highly recommend it.
on 9 December 2015