Published 9 months ago by Ana García

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Good
Published 15 days ago by Noreen Chamberlain

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh, inspiring, tasty & full of new ideas of veggie recipes for EVERYONE, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: The French Market Cookbook: Vegetarian Recipes from My Parisian Kitchen (Paperback)
Please note that I dont say vegetarian, but veggie recipes.... and that is one of the things I liked the most: simple&tasty approach of a true Food Creative that happens to use 'only' veggies in her new cookbook. Beautiful and appealing french style recipes, full of colours, organized by seasons, easy to make, with great flavours and a real pleasure to look at. This is the French Market Cookbook. The author wanted, despite not being vegetarian herself, to cut down her meat and dairy intake by exploring a classic french style cuisine redirected towards a more balanced nutrition. She achieved it in such a natural, playful, easy going way, without any extremism but curiosity and joy... that you can actually feel it through the whole book when reading it. She also explores other cereals than wheat for pastry doughs, which I find brilliant too. I thought I'd like it, that is why I ordered it of course, but it turned out that I enjoyed "The French Market Cookbook" so much, that it has become straight away one of my favorites cookbooks to look for actual recipes or simply for inspiration, for creating new ones myself :) I definitely recommend it for everyone who wants to keep enjoying food, vegetarian or not, in a balanced, good mood and mouth watering way!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, fresh recipes, 11 Sep 2013
K. Platt "blackplantlady" (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
We all know, if we appreciate food, that France is full of foodies, gourmets and is nothing short of an assault on the senses. Who has not found their favourite dish,cafe, market in France? Yet it is not that easy to find vegetarian food. Here is a lady who knows all about food, vegetarian a la Parisienne. An original cook and with her own successful food blog. On the opening page, Clotilde declares, if you are in doubt "I am a resolutely vegetable-oriented cook" yet that does nothing to explain the kind of cook she really is. So read on, '... nothing makes my heart flutter like the first, and the last, of any fruit and vegetable'. Now you begin to understand, this lady lives for vegetables and with them she creates veritable dishes to tantalise your taste buds. Clotilde describes her exciting book as a 'love affair between French cuisine and vegetables', drawing on the plant-based fare of the ordinary man and not the haute cuisine we are used to.

The book is organized into seasons, with seasonal vegetables taking part in inspired dishes. The meals include savoury and sweet recipes. The recipes are easy to follow, with ingredients down the left hand column. This is one cookbook where I am tempted to try just about all the recipes. As a vegetarian I love them. We are told to add more vegetables to our meals, so non-vegetarians should also find this book not only fascinating but healthy. Essentials, such as sauces, doughs and stock are given at the back of the book.

The book is filled with good photography, of the recipes and of markets and a few photos of French cafes too. I'm sure, for you too, this will become a favourite. Bon appetit!

5.0 out of 5 stars simple, unpretentious and totally delicious!!!, 19 May 2014
This is a very good book! The recipes are quite simple but the result is always delicious! The book is divided into four parts - according to seasons. This way it also encourages using seasonal fruits/vegetables... totally recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant inspiration., 9 May 2014
C. C. Smart "cook of the house" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my Niece who is an accomplished cook and has her own Allotment. She is very much into Greek and Itallian food and thought this would be something different for her to try. She tell me she always imagined French food to be heavy but this book is full of fresh light ideas but with the same feeling of generosity and communal eating as Greek and Itallian recipies.

Going to get a copy for myself. Book arrived on time and in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A LOVELY BOOK, 10 July 2014
For me, there's nothing nicer than to buy a cookbook written by someone who lives somewhere you don't, and who writes engagingly, peppers the book with homely anecdotes and easy to follow recipes, illustrates by stunning photographs.

This book covers all bases.

5.0 out of 5 stars imaginative and clear, 29 Sep 2013
This is a really good book : clearly written and inspiring. I have bought a copy for my sister too

5.0 out of 5 stars unusual recipes, enjoying food while being a vegetarian, 18 May 2014
Since my partner became a vegetarian we eat mostly vegetarian diet. He is an excellent cook and is quite picky with recipes. I bought him this book for his birthday and everything which he made based on it is very tasty.
I started to notice that the best food is indeed vegetarian. A good addition for food lovers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty, 8 Jan 2014
Great recipes for my daughter who is a vegetarian, different ones to what you usually get in books cant wait to try them out on her when she visits looks tempting enough for me to try .

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 7 July 2014
Good

The French Market Cookbook: Vegetarian Recipes from My Parisian Kitchen
The French Market Cookbook: Vegetarian Recipes from My Parisian Kitchen by Clotilde Dusoulier (Paperback - 20 Aug 2013)