Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 4 June 2013
It's interesting to see that Martha Stewart, that doyenne of American living struggled when her daughter turned vegetarian. Martha recognises the value of being meatless some days. Yet this book is not an in-betweenie book, it is full on vegetarian and gives long-standing vegetarians like myself something to get their teeth into, and I'm not talking flesh. Over 200 recipes so even the unbelievers will find something they love. Easy, delicious and nutritious meals that have great appeal. Tips and techniques are included as well as menus and what to stock in your vegetarian pantry. The excellent chapters are divided into Small Plates, Stovetop Suppers, Soups, Casseroles, Salads, Sandwiches, Burgers and Pizzas, Pasta and Side Dishes. Go on dip in, you'll use this book more often than you think. Recommended.
on 9 March 2013
This book has been recommended to me and as a new mum with little time to cook proper meals I was looking forward to cooking quick but healthy vegetarian dinners. First of all this is an American book and it takes me some time to translate medieval measurements of cups and ounces to more understandable European milliliters and grams. Secondly, the recipes aren't simple at all, they take a long time and out of five I tried I managed to spoil three and I consider myself an ok cook - I usually manage to get what I want out of a recipe. All in all, I know other much better veggie books and I wouldn't recommend this one.
on 16 January 2013
I like the combination of different types of recipes and ingredients. Nothing is complicated but many dishes look tasty and make me want to try them even though I am a meat eater. Beautiful photography too.
on 30 June 2013
Thank goodness for Martha Stewart, and her army of assistants who have come up with a really useful book with excellent recipes. One of the pastas has become our Friday night staple. We are slowly working through the book, but so far every recipe has been great.
on 27 September 2014
Found some great recipes in the book, it a sha,e that I had to wait ages for the book to arrive
on 16 December 2014
Not extremely exciting but has some 10-15 good ideas to make your meatless cooking enjoyable.
on 24 September 2014
Great vegetarian recipes
on 19 February 2013
Great pics, very appetizing, and the dishes look pretty easy to make, nothing
requiring impossible tools, ingredients and time. I've only tried a couple of
recipes so far, but the book is full of inspiring ideas, some old, some new.
No desserts though, guess those are already vegetarian. However, I need to
make vegan desserts too, and there were none... overall great book.