5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous!
So easy to read whether you have read previous 18 or not!!! Already downloaded 20! Would be such a good tv series....
Published 7 months ago by Miss Laura J Harlock

3.0 out of 5 stars Brain candy
3.5/5
I used a rare three days off last weekend to get all of my Christmas decorations up. And at the end of the day, I thought I just needed something fun to read by the twinkle of my newly hung lights.

Published on 23 Nov. 2012 by Luanne Ollivier

3.0 out of 5 stars Brain candy, 23 Nov. 2012
Luanne Ollivier - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
3.5/5

My choice? The latest in the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich - Notorious Nineteen. (For those of you unfamiliar with these books - it is indeed the 19th book!)

Stephanie is still working as a bounty hunter for her cousin Vinnie in New Jersey. Her trusty sidekicks Lula (a one time self described 'ho ), office manager Connie and her Grandma Mazur are still by her side. But not too close - Stephanie seems to be a magnet for trouble - notably for destroying cars.

The rent is due, so Stephanie is happy to get a skip that could pay her big bucks. A local retirement home owner has embezzled millions from the facility. He went into the hospital for emergency surgery, then vanished - along with the money. Detective Joe Morelli is also looking into the case. Security expert Ranger has hired her to watch his back at a wedding for one of his staff. (A horrible pink dress is involved.) And Steph seems to growing quite attached to a Tiki statue that may or may not be giving her advice. All in all, a typical day in the 'Burg.

And yes, the sexual tension is still there - between Steph and Ranger......and Steph and Morelli. Although, Evanovich does let Stephanie have some thoughts about her future in this book. Marriage? It might be time for Steph to make a decision. And Evanovich too - the last few books are virtually copies of themselves with the names of the skips changed.

But, the Plum books are fun to read. They're light-hearted and won't tax your brain. The whodunit isn't overly difficult to figure out, but it's the journey there that's enjoyable. And we all could use a good chuckle.

Reading these books is like a bowl of your favourite candy - you keep dipping your hand in, knowing what to expect, but you still enjoy every mouthful. (Yes, there was some Christmas candy involved in my reading...) And of course there is the burning question.....who would you pick? Morelli or Ranger? I'm kinda leaning towards Ranger.....

2.0 out of 5 stars Think she's getting fed up of writing these!, 10 Dec. 2012
I've read every one of these books, and I have to say this is definately not up to her usual standard.As the series has progressed they seem to have got less funny. Maybe Janet has got fed up of writing this series.That's what it feels like.

3.0 out of 5 stars Notorious nineteen, 29 Nov. 2012
Mrs. S. A. Lynch (Leeds West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed the book but felt it was not as funny as some of the earlier books and the situation with Morelli and Ranger is getting a bit stale

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 14 Feb. 2013
Not great. I normally read one of Janet Evanovich's novels within days of receiving - but this one I still haven't finished. I had high hopes,I pre-ordered it and I was disappointed. Same old characters, no progression in any of the relationships and too repetitive. I feel disappointed I paid so much for the new release.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fading star??, 19 Jan. 2013
Christine Gill (Forfar, Angus United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Still quite funny and easy to read but the Morelli/Ranger situation is definitely losing its appeal. Maybe it's time for Stephanie to hang up the stun gun (Twenty's plenty sounds good for the next title).

1.0 out of 5 stars GETTING STALE, 1 Dec. 2012
Miss Margaret E. Baron "Mags" (Blackpool, UK) - See all my reviews
Yes im afraid to say that my favourite series of books is getting stale. Wheras in the early books i used to cry out loud with laughter with tears streaming down my face. The last say 3 or 4 in the series have been well below par, lacking everything that made the earlier ones so much fun to read, ie, humour & a story you just couldn't wait to read, turning each page eagerly. 20 should really be the final one, time to wiind it all up.

2.0 out of 5 stars Same old, same old., 3 Dec. 2012
Jenny Grant (Canvey Island, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I love the Steph Plum novels, but the story line is getting a bit tired and the books seem to be shorter every time. Saying that, I will probably keep buying them....waiting for the day that Steph and Morrelli get hitched!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Time to end, 22 Feb. 2014
I have read all the Stephanie Plum books and loved the character but it was time to end this series about 7 books ago. It's the same old material over and over again with no obvious character development.

3.0 out of 5 stars Notorious Nineteen, 15 Feb. 2014
Although I am a great Stephanie Plum fan the books are becoming very predictable. I think they have run their course.

2.0 out of 5 stars Time to bring to an end to the series, 27 Jan. 2014
Kash (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I've loved reading the earlier Stephanie Plum books, many of them being laugh out loud funny, but the last 10 or so books have been terrible and unfortunately this one does not bring the series back on a high!

There is the thinnest plot and everything else are repeats. Stephanie is back to blowing up 3 cars in this book, catching a naked guy, to-ing and fro-ing between Joe and Ranger... been there, done that for the last 18 books!!!! Something new is needed or the series needs to end. I wish she would just pick one of the men - there is no suspense now for me its just 'for gods sake pick one'!

Number 20 is definitely on the back-burner until it is at rock bottom price. I'd advise people to not pay full price for this - it just isn't worth it, wait until you can get it cheaper. I'll be keeping this but only because it is part of my set

Very disappointed reader

Notorious Nineteen (Stephanie Plum Novels)
Notorious Nineteen (Stephanie Plum Novels) by Janet Evanovich (Audio CD - 20 Nov. 2012)
Used & New from: £12.73