Published 19 months ago by M. Fahrenfort

2.0 out of 5 stars Collected cliches
To be fair, I only read half of the book, before looking for something interesting to read.

Published 10 months ago by cmaxwelll

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended reading for non-runners to improve the clarity of your mind, 14 Dec 2012
Running is a very popular pastime - supposed to be good for your body as well as pleasurable (maybe especially for the famed 'runner's high'). However, I am 69 years old and have never found any pleasure in any kind of sport, athletics or physical training - not even when I was young. So why buy this book? Well, someone I trust recommended it - knowing full well it is nothing for me.
And lo and behold! it turns out that the book explains how movement (and you don't even have to run! - just walking is enough) can be good not only for your body, but also for your mind. And I don't want to run, but I do want to have a 69-year old clear mind. It helps; and turns out to be quite pleasurable too. A pity that this book only came along just now, when I am 69. 20 years earlier would have made a great difference in my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Running / Meditation, 3 Feb 2013
Suuuuper! So much wisdom! Written in a wonderful light and wise way. I could envision everything he writes about and this makes my running so much more pleasant. And I have started meditate again. Thank you for your messages!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Collected cliches, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: Running with the Mind of Meditation: Lessons for Training Body and Mind (Paperback)

I wanted this to be about a Tibetan lama using mindfulness to overcome the challenges of long distance running. Instead. it reads like any American guy, running a marathon with the help of another marathon runner, a personal trainer, an osteopath and a G.P. all of which appear to run with him.

The mindfulness content reads like any introduction to meditation article you might see in a general magazine. i.e. The body is a magical horse, and the mind is a magical jewel.

My copy has gone to the local charity shop, so if you see it on sale for 50p, give it a go.

4.0 out of 5 stars A short review of Runing with the Mind of Meditation., 23 Sep 2013
A very enjoyable read; the style is easy to understand and certainly motivates the reader to want to acheive the benefits of running and meditation. It is also a book unarguably about both running and meditation: it wants you to be just as interested in both exercises.
One critisicm I could level at this short book is that, in terms of meditation, it by no means offers depth of instruction. Aside from some simple exercises described at the beginning of the book there is not much here in the sense of guidance, more of what can be achieved should you follow through and seek guidance. However, the book works wonderfully as a motivational tool in the simplest of its ideas; since reading this book I have began to try and enjoy running for the sake of running, and to read more about the benefits and practice of meditation.

I'm not sure how a zen master or ultra-marathon runner would recieve this book, but if you are in a slump and need some motivation, this book will give you all the tools you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 May 2013
A very easy to read book, with no complicated theories.
You can really understand the message and identify yourself with the writer.
Now its up to you to follow the advices.

3.0 out of 5 stars Running & mental meditation, 23 Mar 2014
Not what I expected. This book didn't inspire me as I thought it would although it was an easy read

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep, 7 Mar 2014
This is the book!
This is the book I've been searching for. It's not a book to 'skim read' and forget about. I know this book warrants frequent re-reading to uncover the hidden details of being at one with running. I'm looking forward to the re-reading as much as I did the first.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, 17 Jan 2014
I was looking forward to learning the process of this running technique unfortunately the book seems to tell you about it and you register your email address to hear more, which I'm still waiting. I was left a little confused, not what ?I was expecting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 1 July 2013
Very insightful. I can read it over and over again and each time I get something new out of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration Book, 1 April 2013
A brilliant book which I have found truly inspirational. For many years I have practised meditation, this coupled with my love of running makes this the ideal book.

Running with the Mind of Meditation: Lessons for Training Body and Mind
Running with the Mind of Meditation: Lessons for Training Body and Mind by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche (Paperback - 20 May 2013)
6.99