Published on 14 Dec. 2012 by M. Fahrenfort

2.0 out of 5 stars Collected cliches
To be fair, I only read half of the book, before looking for something interesting to read.

Published 17 months ago by cmaxwelll

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended reading for non-runners to improve the clarity of your mind, 14 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Running with the Mind of Meditation: Lessons for Training the Body and the Mind (Hardcover)
Running is a very popular pastime - supposed to be good for your body as well as pleasurable (maybe especially for the famed 'runner's high'). However, I am 69 years old and have never found any pleasure in any kind of sport, athletics or physical training - not even when I was young. So why buy this book? Well, someone I trust recommended it - knowing full well it is nothing for me.
And lo and behold! it turns out that the book explains how movement (and you don't even have to run! - just walking is enough) can be good not only for your body, but also for your mind. And I don't want to run, but I do want to have a 69-year old clear mind. It helps; and turns out to be quite pleasurable too. A pity that this book only came along just now, when I am 69. 20 years earlier would have made a great difference in my life.

2.0 out of 5 stars Collected cliches, 19 Sept. 2013

I wanted this to be about a Tibetan lama using mindfulness to overcome the challenges of long distance running. Instead. it reads like any American guy, running a marathon with the help of another marathon runner, a personal trainer, an osteopath and a G.P. all of which appear to run with him.

The mindfulness content reads like any introduction to meditation article you might see in a general magazine. i.e. The body is a magical horse, and the mind is a magical jewel.

My copy has gone to the local charity shop, so if you see it on sale for 50p, give it a go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Running / Meditation, 3 Feb. 2013
Suuuuper! So much wisdom! Written in a wonderful light and wise way. I could envision everything he writes about and this makes my running so much more pleasant. And I have started meditate again. Thank you for your messages!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A short review of Runing with the Mind of Meditation., 23 Sept. 2013
A very enjoyable read; the style is easy to understand and certainly motivates the reader to want to acheive the benefits of running and meditation. It is also a book unarguably about both running and meditation: it wants you to be just as interested in both exercises.
One critisicm I could level at this short book is that, in terms of meditation, it by no means offers depth of instruction. Aside from some simple exercises described at the beginning of the book there is not much here in the sense of guidance, more of what can be achieved should you follow through and seek guidance. However, the book works wonderfully as a motivational tool in the simplest of its ideas; since reading this book I have began to try and enjoy running for the sake of running, and to read more about the benefits and practice of meditation.

I'm not sure how a zen master or ultra-marathon runner would recieve this book, but if you are in a slump and need some motivation, this book will give you all the tools you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 May 2013
A very easy to read book, with no complicated theories.
You can really understand the message and identify yourself with the writer.
Now its up to you to follow the advices.

5.0 out of 5 stars I meditate therefore I run, 28 Dec. 2013
I liked the practical suggestions on how to apply meditation to the practice of running. The explanations of Tibetan Buddhist practice were really useful.
I would recommend this book to anyone that has a prior interest in meditation and has either already started running or is planning to as a way to use the time running to extend meditation to their running time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep, 7 Mar. 2014
This is the book!
This is the book I've been searching for. It's not a book to 'skim read' and forget about. I know this book warrants frequent re-reading to uncover the hidden details of being at one with running. I'm looking forward to the re-reading as much as I did the first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiration Book, 1 April 2013
A brilliant book which I have found truly inspirational. For many years I have practised meditation, this coupled with my love of running makes this the ideal book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 11 Nov. 2014
I am a meditation amateur and an experienced runner and I wondered if I could combine the two. Although this book didn't always seem to comply with my attitude of hard training being the most important factor, there really is a lot of very thought provoking information in here. I will certainly read it again and try to incorporate some of its advice into my running and wider life. I would recommended it to any runner with an interest in meditation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 1 July 2013
Very insightful. I can read it over and over again and each time I get something new out of it.

Running with the Mind of Meditation: Lessons for Training the Body and the Mind
Running with the Mind of Meditation: Lessons for Training the Body and the Mind by Sakyong Mipham Rinpoche (Hardcover - 15 May 2012)
Used & New from: £3.96