Format: Diary|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 29 November 2013
I am always attempting to keep a diary, but after a few entries lose interest (well, I don't really, I just simply do not have time for lengthy entries and philosophical musings every day). I also loved the idea of writing down one good/exciting/interesting thing that happens to you (to keep your spirits up, when you look back at the entries), but never found a right notebook for this (originally, these "thoughts/events" were supposed to go into the jar).
Anyway, I think this 5-year journal potentially fulfills both purposes. It has enough space for a few sentences (I uploaded a couple of the photos of the inside), for answering the question (if you feel like it) and for documenting your own good deed/thought/event.

The journal has a wrapping paper finish, golden-edged pages (which are of high quality thick paper), and measures 4 inches long and 6 inches high, the width is approximately 1.5 inches. So yes, literally fits in the palm of your hand.

I cannot wait to start it (yes, old-fashion-ly wait for the New Year!) Will make great Christmas/New Year present for the right kind of person. You know, there are people who would find this wonderful (I am one of them) and the other who would probably never open it. My first reaction when I opened it was: "OMG, I love this!"
review image review image
22 comments|92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 January 2013
I really wanted to start writing a diary, not so much to document my life, but just for something to look back on in years to come. I'm no good at the traditional method of keeping a diary because 1) I never know what to write that isn't the same mundanestuff. 2) I usually always give up within the first week or so.

This 5 year journal is perfect for people like me. It gives you numbered pages but with 5 blank year dates so you can start at any time of the year (just simply turn to that day) and even if you stop and then start again later down the line, it doesn't matter, it'd just mean you might not have the same years written all throughout the journal. For example I started it half way through 2011, stopped after a month or so and then started again 1st January 2013. I did read through some of the answers I'd written 2 years ago, and it was interesting to see how things have changed since then, and also to have a nice reminder of some joyful memories I had forgotten about.

People might not think that they can change within the space of a few short years, but the answers you will write in this journal for each day for 5 years, is proof that you can! It's also a nice way of jotting down some special things you don't want to forget.

Some example questions include:

What is your mission?
What is the last TV show you watced?
Jot down a news story from today.
How much spare change do you have?
What was your favourite day this week?
What's your hairstyle?
Today you wore _____
Where do you think you road is going?
Bad news: sugar coated or straight up?
Who is the last person in your missed calls?
Halloween plans? What's your costume?
What time did you go to bed last night?
Did you meet someone new recently? If so, who was it?
Yes or no: everyone should have a back-up plan.

This journal is a great way of getting to know you, and how you've changed over the years. It asks both insightful and random questions, so every aspect is covered. It also makes a nice memoir of yourself to read in later years or to give to your children etc.

My only problem is that I cant wait to answer the question for the next day!
on 27 January 2015
I normally don't write reviews but since I've bought 4 by now (one for myself and three for friends), I felt like I probably should. I love this journal. I used to enjoy writing in my diary but in the recent year have felt overwhelmed with the idea of sitting there and documenting everything. Along came this journal, it satisfies the urge to write something even if it is a line or two. I look forward to each question; some are funny, some quirky, and some philosophical but each thought-provoking. There are questions that make you want to get out there and do something, just so you can answer it differently next year and/or because you realise that there are things/experiences missing in your life. It might teach you a thing or two about yourself.

I would highly recommend this journal. I hope you love it as much as I do.
on 4 December 2012
This was bought as a gift and it took me all my willpower to actually give it away! I think I'll be ordering one for myself. A lovely book - a dinky size but thick with beautifully gold edged pages, each with a question to be filled in for each of the next five years. Imagine going back over the days and seeing how things have changed, or stayed the same in various aspects of ones life. Highly recommended.
on 9 January 2013
I didn't find this diary for delivery before 1st Jan 2013 but it's just arrived today and I love it already. Quality pages and enough room to answer the day's question, e.g. What are you reading? What song are you singing today? Can people change? I'm going to enjoy looking back over it in 2018 and see how my reading habits, music and view of life have changed
on 3 September 2011
Just received this journal, it's so wonderful, just small enough to fit in your bag but big enough to write five years worth of answers in. It's going to be a really nice memory book as well as helping me learn about myself, I'm so excited!! The book itself is really beautiful, and the gold edges really make it something special. Definitely recommend!
on 22 July 2014
The concept itself seems good at first, the idea of keeping a 5 year journal and being able to look back on it. As said by others, the questions can be a little lack luster, but my main problem is that after the novelty wore off it just feels like a chore for me. Also for £8, considering if you start it any time in the middle of the year, it would have been nice to have a ribbon sewn in to find your place with ease. I'm much happy with my Wreck This Journal. The quality of the paper and everything is grand just the aforementioned issues makes me wish I never wasted my money
on 7 February 2016
I obviously haven't used this for 5 years JUST yet but the entire concept of this journal is super interesting. If you are looking to have a JOURNAL JOURNAL then this is almost certainly not going to be for you due to the fact the space for each day is miniscule but if you wan t a fun way to document you then this is a must and it is upper quick to fill out before you go to bed.
That was the "real" review.
Artificial Review:
Can we just take a moment t appreciate the anaesthetic?
review image review image review image
on 1 March 2013
This is a small book and each entry is limited to a couple of lines. It's like writing tweets before computers were invented. It should be called Ye Olde Tweet Booke.
on 5 April 2016
I've always had a lot of trouble keeping a journal, mainly because I never had a lot to say. These questions are great because it means I can see where I've come in the past years. I started at the beginning of last week and I've managed to keep it up this far, which is better than I ever have done before!
A bit pricey and so I think it would have been nice if it came with a ribbon bookmark attached, but nevertheless, I'm really enjoying it!