4.0 out of 5 stars "I will see where the wind takes me.", 14 May 2011
Kona (Emerald City) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: My Lucky Life in and Out of Show Business: A Memoir (Hardcover)
Beloved TV icon Dick Van Dyke has written an enthusiastic memoir that begins with his humble Midwest upbringing, early career in radio then Broadway, several TV series, and movie roles. He effuses about the creative talents of his mentor Carl Reiner, reminisces with joy about costar Mary Tyler Moore, and writes tenderly about his mistress of 35 years. (Surprisingly, he has nary a positive word about the woman he was married to for 30 years, the mother of his four children. He mentions her not unkindly, but with indifference.)

This is exactly the kind of book I expected from Dick; it's bubbly, modest, and interesting, just like him, with no behind-the-scenes dirt about his famous colleagues. He's certainly had problems in his life, but they are minimized. He makes it clear that he adores performing and, at 85, has no plans to quit.

He writes very well and the story bounds along; I read it in one sitting. Highly recommended for his fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dick Van Dyke Autobiography, 24 July 2011
An amazing and honest book written by a truly amazing star. I couldnt put the book down! A fantastic read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dick Van Dyke amazing man, 13 Jun 2011
Mrs. E. Dowse (Uk) - See all my reviews
Is book in a great insight in to a life of a amazing actor / comedian. would reacomend this book to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - perfect condition, 14 May 2013
Miss (Wandworth, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Great book - perfect condition and super fast delovery.
Full of Dick Van Dykes anecdotes Of films and family life - very interesting, funny and well worth reading :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I diagnose a winner!, 30 April 2013
K WHELAN "40s Hollywood" (London, England) - See all my reviews
I liked this book very much. I have been waiting years for him to write his biography. I kept looking through the Amazon lists and finally! It's all about his work of course and I would have liked a little more about his family (Mum & Dad, brother, extended family) but all in all I was not disappointed with the book. I am glad the book was better than his cockney accent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 July 2014
Very enjoyable read .

5.0 out of 5 stars regarding book, 3 Feb 2014
i'm a great fan of dick van dyke anyway and really enjoyed reading his auto-biography.
was fun to read and only took a weekend. if i'm interested in something i will carry on reading it till i've finished

5.0 out of 5 stars Will have good reading tonight, 30 Dec 2013
I liked this book as i have been watching Dick Van Dyke on tv and wanted to read about his career

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Man, Amazing Book, 10 Nov 2013
Big fan of Dick Van Dyke, that is the reason i bought this, I enjoyed every minute of it. i loved hearing his personal stories and work stories. Some sad moments in there too. I hope there will be another. Worth every penny and it is deffo a book to be read more than once.

4.0 out of 5 stars What easy reading, 7 Feb 2013
Excellent, I wished it had been a hard copy as I will be reading it on more occassions. Dick Van Dyke has made it easy to read and it can be put down and picked up with ease.

My Lucky Life in and Out of Show Business: A Memoir
My Lucky Life in and Out of Show Business: A Memoir by Dick Van Dyke (Hardcover - 3 May 2011)
14.14