Format: Paperback|Change

on 29 August 2011
I love sewing and craft projects and I got this book a few days ago. It looks really good, with clear instructions to make 22 different toys. Some are variations of others, for example you can make a fox and a poodle, using most of the same templates as the deer. The book has two parts, part 1 explains about the materials, tools and techniques, and part 2 has the actual projects. The only reason I haven't started making yet is because it is reccomended in the book that the templates at the back should be scanned into your printer and enlarged by a certain per cent (each creature is a different size) and that looks a bit fiddly, though it would probably be possible to do it by hand. Apart from that, it is really good, each page has photos and cute pictures and diagrams drawn by the author. I think it was great value!
on 13 February 2012
I have found this book very enjoyable with lots of different and querky toys. Making my own patchwork material was quite something. Don't be put off with the increasing the size of the patterns. The instructions say use a photo copier, but I just scanned the page and then magnified to the required size. Definitely recommend.
on 3 May 2013
I liked the idea of this book as I make quite a few toys , new patterns are always welcome, and the toys in the book look quite cute and attractive.
However, the fact that the patterns are not full size is a real drawback, especially as some of them have to be enlarged greatly. For me, this has meant that I will not even attempt some of them, as the difficulty of getting them enlarged so much is considerable.
Also, for the ones I have made, I found some of the instructions rather vague, and the pattern pieces did not fit together well, making construction difficult.
I would think that this book would be very frustrating for someone not used to toymaking.
I would certainly not recommend the book to anyone.
on 20 October 2012
This book is awesome! Great explanations, simple sketches.
As a designer and toy "maker" I couldn't have done any better!
on 12 December 2013
I brought this book for myself just because I've started a new hobby , it's a good way of getting started with these they show you step to step and a good price too
on 2 January 2013
Great present as a gift for someone which it was. It is an ideal gift for a person who likes to make things.
on 19 February 2011
This is a lovely book with many ideas for creative toy making. I can't wait to get my teeth into it and start actually making some of the designs. I can't actually comment on how easy of difficult it is to follow right now as I have not had the time to get into it :o(

This is the perfect book for anyone wanting to recycle fabrics, old clothes and buttons/trimmings and also create some wonderful, custom toys for their young-uns.
on 22 February 2013
I bought this book last september and had a brief flick through it. I am now ready to get on and make some things from it...only to realise that pages 49 - 60 are missing and 61-72 are repeated twice. Cannot believe this is the only copy like that...must have been a whole print run at least ....? Am about to report this to Amazon and am hoping for a replacement. Will update this review when I have an answer.

UPDATE: Amazon have come up trumps again and replaced this immediately! Happy customer again now :o)
Interestingly ...had absolutely zero response from the publisher who I contacted at the same time! Well done Amazon for your excellent customer service!
on 2 April 2016
Enjoyed this book have enjoyed making them
on 11 May 2015
good value with prompt delivery