5.0 out of 5 stars Great book full of common sense advice and great ideas
Published 20 months ago by LawTurley

3.0 out of 5 stars Queen Bees and Wannabees
The book is extremely detailed about this issues and has some very handy hints. However I didnt finish the book as it got quite depressing to read all the stuff that could go wrong. I think it is a good reference source to dip into though
Published on 28 May 2011 by m

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book full of common sense advice and great ideas, 23 Sept. 2013
LawTurley (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Queen Bees & Wannabes: Helping Your Daughter Survive Cliques, Gossip, Boyfriends, and the New Realities of Girl World (Paperback)
I can't recommend this book enough for anyone raising a daughter, and have recommended it to countless mothers. It provides really valuable insight into childhood behaviour in a way that's easy to understand, and advice that is simple to implement. I particularly like the fact that the kids comment throughout the book on their own situations and how their parents actions have affected that. It's a very hopeful book and one that every mother should own if she has a daughter in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - Good internet advice as well, 22 Nov. 2014
Wow, How do we help our daughters navigate the perilous world of adolescence. Knowing that when you see 4 girls in a class, the statistics I've heard are that 1 of them will have a violent partner. This book gives really good observations on why this might be happening, much the best is it gives a simple formulae (SEAL) for dealing with angst; whether it be from Parents or other girls.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reference book, 24 Jun. 2013
Quite thick book! Can be sped read and remember to highlight bits that you can use as a reference in the future. Good to show girls some passages so that they also start understanding the social dynamics of middle school.

5.0 out of 5 stars you just can't put it down, 31 Dec. 2011
an excellent read with lots of useful and sensible comments - I would recommend it unreservedly. You are never to old to learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars I have recommended this book to a few friends!, 7 May 2013
Elizabeth (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
Great book. I found it very insightful and useful. I bought an extra copy for a friend who also has two daughters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life line for parents of teenage daughters, 27 Jan. 2013
This book was reccomended to me because I was struggling to understand some of my teenager daughters behaviour. I am still reading it (you can dip in and out of it) and I love the sections on how to monitor their mobile, internet and media useage.

It gives sound advice on how to set up verbal or written agreements around how they use their mobile and internet etc.. This book is Invaluable.

My daughter read this section too and felt it was very useful and she was able to hear what I have been trying to say to her by reading it in this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Queen Bees and Wannabees, 28 May 2011