5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!
Published on 27 Jan 2010 by Becky

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad idea
I bought this as I thought I could take a few of the cards to the gym to add variety. There are circuit suggestions at the back, that's fine, but if you want to pull them out, you'll find that some cards have 2 or 3 exercises on them. It would have been better if each card had only one exercise routine on them. Then its a pain putting them back in numerical order.
Published 17 months ago by S. LOWE

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for!, 27 Jan 2010
This review is from: Jillian Michaels Hot Bod in a Box: Kick Butt with 50 Exercises from TV's Toughest Trainer (Cards)
I wanted something I could take along to the gym to vary my workouts, sometimes when left to my own devises I just repeat the same old stuff! I also found alot of books assume you don't have access to any equipment so I like the fact this does use stuff like body balls/resistance bands etc. There is also plenty you can do with just your body / some small weights though.

It's handy that I can just grab the few cards I want and take them along. (I do use them at home as well.)

There are some training techniques cards, 9 example circuit workouts and a total of 78 numbered exercises (it says 50 on the box but 78 includes the variations of an exercise).

Example Exercises:
Back Kick with Shoulder Press (weights)
Squat Thrust (using a medicine ball)
Dropsy (a stepping style exercise)
Dumbbell Fly on Body Ball with Crunch
Boat Pose
Crab Walk
There's plenty of squats, jumps, crunches etc with variations too.

I find the cards easy to follow, I generally read the whole thing through before I do one for the first time then use it as a reference and to check my technique.

It's just what I needed to keep challenging myself and not getting stuck in a rut!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality, 29 Dec 2010
Amazon Customer (Preston, Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
I was very impressed when I opened this, LOADS of exercises and a really sturdy box which is well designed. The exercises illustrated are across the full range - easier to v advanced. I really like the way it shows you the adaptations of each basic exercise to challenge you as you progress. Another great resource which really works from Jillian Michaels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Exercises For All Abilities, 4 Dec 2010
This is a really useful collection of training cards. There is a great variety of exercises a lot of which can be done at home with minimal or no equipment. It is suitable for beginners to more advanced users. Most of the exercises have a progression. For example it tells you the correct technique for a step up and then moves onto step plyos which are more advanced. The descriptions are easy to follow and most cards have a picture of jillian doing the exercise as well so you can be sure that you have the correct technique. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 18 Sep 2010
Trish (Co. Tipperary) - See all my reviews
One of theses product I use daily when it comes to training myself or clients..Great workout with a difference

5.0 out of 5 stars Exercise cards, 30 Mar 2011
I love Jillian Michaels exercises, so when I bought this it means I can take it anywhere and put together my own workout with what I have available at the time. Kept together in a small hard box so it doesn't get damaged when travelling.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome hot bod in a box, 18 Nov 2010
Brilliant, gives 9 workouts to take to gym that workout whole of body in turn ! Wouldn't be without now and it mixes it all up !!

5.0 out of 5 stars keep boredom at bay, 14 Sep 2010
This is a great way to stop getting bored of the same routines at the gym, or at home, been asked a few times what it is I'm following. Good motivational tool. I like this a lot, good discriptions and options to do more advanced versions, when you want to push yourself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hot Bod in a Box, 21 Oct 2009
Mr. J. Leahy (N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
Good variety of exercises from simple to difficult. Variations on a number of the exercises.
Having them on a card can be handy still exploring on how best to use them

5.0 out of 5 stars great fitness box, 11 Jan 2014
I love this box. I like most of Jillian Michaels fitness dvds and books but this one is a brilliant idea. It is easy to use, I can pick up only a few card and carry with me on holiday, for example. The choice of exercises is very good, however not for starters. All very well explained. I would recommend it for anyone who want to add some fitness variety in daily routine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great packaging, clear instructions, knew most of the exercises, 8 July 2013
If you've been to quite a few personal training classes or worked out with free weights quite a bit, you'll know most of the exercises in here. It's a good reminder I guess and can give structure to a workout if your not sure what to do that session.
I love the box and the cards, great quality.