5.0 out of 5 stars Socks a-plenty
I got this book for Christmas and loved it so much that I started knitting a pair of socks that afternoon.
The book is divided into two sections:
Part 1: Toe-up essentials - this section has the basics of how toe-up socks work, including the different cast-ons, the toes and the different heels you can use. It also tells you how to alter so the socks fit...
Published on 5 Jan 2010 by Tora

2.0 out of 5 stars This description is misleading .....
The Amazon description of this product says it has 172 pages. It does not...it is one pattern only. I have complained to Amazon and asked for this to be rectified but it hasn't. Returned the pattern because of this and as I didn't think it was value for money.
Published 20 months ago by Sue Dale

2.0 out of 5 stars Not full version of the book, 12 July 2013
I thought I was downloading the full kindle version of the print book, but this is a download for just a single pattern, like an extract. Price seemed to indicate that it was too good to be true - and it was!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sock knitter fanatic, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Socks from the Toe Up (Paperback)
I h ave finally mastered the art of knitting toe up socks thanks to devouring this book over a number of weeks. The diagrams and written instructions were easy to follow and the sock patterns really attractive. I am working my way through the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only sock book you'll ever need, 10 Feb 2013
I love this book because there are clear instructions for several different methods of knitting toes and heels and for binding off as well as some stitch patterns - so if, like me, you like to follow a pattern once and then go your own way when you get the idea, this is for you.
Toe up socks mean you'll never run out of yarn half way down a foot ever again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Socks from the Toe up, 4 Nov 2012
Mrs. B. Bromley "Boni Bromley" (London England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Socks from the Toe Up (Paperback)
Very easy to understand, have enjoyed using it and would recommend to anyone wanting to make lovely gifts as you can make a pair of socks in a couple of days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Lace patterns, 16 Aug 2012
This review is from: Socks from the Toe Up (Paperback)
I received this book as a present, I had put it on my list so it was no surprise!

I found it clear, and the patterns easy enough. I like a lot of the patterns in the book, so far I have used one of the vanilla patterns with self-striping wool (though I could not resist making the leg more interesting), and the Serpentine socks - which are fabulous!!

I also knit my socks both at the same time on one long circular, and although it doesn't mention this, it is very easy to do this for the patterns in the book

Would recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars socks from the toe up, 12 Aug 2012
This review is from: Socks from the Toe Up (Paperback)
A lovely presented book, with clear instructions. Not for a complete learner, I will pick up this book again when I have mastered the top down method.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toe up socks, 2 Dec 2010
This review is from: Socks from the Toe Up (Paperback)
A really good book for those who prefer knitting their socks toe up. Lots of really useful information and a range of attractive patterns.

2.0 out of 5 stars no more maths, 22 Oct 2011
This review is from: Socks from the Toe Up (Paperback)
having knitted socks for years from the pattern my mother taught me I thought this book would give me more versatility and ideas. Its brilliant if you're an insomniac. The maths totally did my head in and it is now on the shelf until the children leave home and I have time to study it or until I have trouble sleeping. I am just a simple hooker (crochet addict) and can't cope with this as it is just too involved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 July 2014
This review is from: Socks from the Toe Up (Paperback)
Excellent book, haven't knitted any socks yet but really looking forward to it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to start, 11 Oct 2009
This review is from: Socks from the Toe Up (Paperback)
I've only been knitting four years and the idea of knitting socks seemed daunting. This book made it seem simple. My Christmas list just got easier and even my husband is happy with my efforts.

Socks from the Toe Up
Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy D. Johnson (Paperback - 7 Oct 2009)
16.99