5.0 out of 5 stars Armitage still has it, in spades
I've read almost all his work and I say without hesitation that he still has the stuff here. His wit and insight are in fine form. I look forward to new Armitage books the way I look forward to new releases from my favorite bands. Simon continues to rock.
Published on 17 July 2007 by J. Grgurich

3.0 out of 5 stars One for fans only
If you're new to Simon Armitage's poetry, you may be wondering what the fuss may be about after reading Tyrannosaurus Rex Versus the Corduroy Kid.

Published on 13 April 2007 by Mr. C. Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Armitage still has it, in spades, 17 July 2007
J. Grgurich (Arlington, VA United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars great poet, 7 Oct 2011
I love Simon Armitage and I love this book, hilarious and thoughtful! The book arrived promptly and as described- a good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars one of my favourites, 15 Jan 2013
Ms. K. Mcbride (Britain) - See all my reviews
Wonderful writing of thoughts, feelings and human beings. Simon Armitage's work I recommend to all buy and just love his poetry

3.0 out of 5 stars One for fans only, 13 April 2007
Mr. C. Ward - See all my reviews

The collection, for the most part, lacks the sparkle and wit of Armitage's earlier poetry seen in Zoom! and The Dead Sea Poems. There are some jewels here, such as 'Surtsey' and 'Roadshow' but most of the poems fall flat with their dull language and lack of imagination.

If you're after something with more punch, try District & Circle by Seamus Heaney or Horse Latitudes by Paul Muldoon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Haven't read the book yet..., 16 Oct 2011
... so I will review the service, which has been prompt and honest from the seller. The state of the book was immaculate, and so the packaging. Looking forward to buying from you again!

Tyrannosaurus Rex Versus the Corduroy Kid
Tyrannosaurus Rex Versus the Corduroy Kid by Simon Armitage (Hardcover - 2 Sep 2008)
Used & New from: 0.01