5.0 out of 5 stars Dorothy Kunhardt's best book.
Published on 25 Jun. 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars a book?!
This is more of a leaflet than a book. The ring binder style is not suitable for toddlers and is very basic. Cardboard pages are flimsy and not practable. I would not recommend this book/leaflet for toddlers and do not think it was worth the money I paid for it.
Published on 21 Mar. 2011 by maggie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Dorothy Kunhardt's best book., 25 Jun. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Pat the Bunny: Touch n Feel (Golden Touch and Feel Book) (Plastic Comb)
Dorothy Kunhardt has written many books for children. This one lets children play with two of it's charachters named Paul and Judy. The reader can do things like pat the bunny, feel Daddy's scratchy face, and read Judy's book. Parents will help their babies do these things as they read. My copy of the bunny no longer has it's fur, and Judy no longer has her book, but as of now, I have bought at least 2 copies of it. Now please ask the publisher to re-print Little Pee-Wee the Circus Dog, by the same author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for 10mnth old., 6 May 2013
This book is very simplistic in it's print style, simple colours and repetitive words. Each page has an action performed by Paul or Judy which can then be copied on the facing page. Although boring for an adult, it's great for babies and toddlers. My 10 month old daughter will push other books to the side to get to this. She really loves it. I think it has also helped her grasp simple instructions like smelling the flowers and patting the bunny gently.
I find the pages to be quite robust, Judy's book and the peek-a-boo cloth are still attached even after a lot of play. Also, the fact that I was able to wipe the pages clean (including the fluffy bunny after an over zealous, chocolate covered, two year old found the book immensely entertaining), it's a definite plus in my opinion.
However there are few minor annoyances. The mirror is quite flimsy so the reflection is quite distorted, it scratches easily and the rattle device inside the button box page is quite thick. This affects the shape of the page and it has caused an imprint of the device on the following page, right across the dolly's face. The number of times I have had to reattach the cover of the book to the comb is just annoying. I've sellotaped the comb now so that it can't happen again, but I'm disappointed that I've had to do this.
I'm only deducting 1 star for these annoyances as I don't want to put anyone off buying this for their little one. It is great to see the amount of enjoyment that my daughter gets from this, it is well worth it. But I think buyers should know that they might spend just as much time repairing it as reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful gift! This is a start of childhood memories., 18 April 1999
By A Customer
I remember this book from being read to as a child. The book I had was passed down through 5 kids. And although well worn, I will always remember Daddy's whiskers and Mummy's ring. It was wonderful to read this book to my own children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pat the Bunny, 30 July 2005
My sister had this book when she was a baby fifteen years ago and when I had a baby I could not wait to buy it for the next generation in my family. it is a fantastic book and a must for all parents and babies. My daughter adores reading it with me and feeling the different textures, smelling the flowers and playing peek-a-boo as we read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Educational & Entertaining, 29 Nov. 1997
By A Customer
I have a 5 month old baby girl, I have been reading to her since before she was born. She was born nearly one month early, and because of this in some areas she is behind. However, I am proud to say that alertness is not one of the areas. Pat the Bunny really seems to amuze her. She tries to reach out for the bunny, so I take her hand and rub it on the bunny, she just loves it! Some of what I have saod may not apply directly to this book, but, Pat the Bunny is a keepsake, and every child in the world should have a copy. If you haven't read it to your baby because you think he/she may not be old enough, take my word for it!

1.0 out of 5 stars a book?!, 21 Mar. 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel The Story, 12 Jun. 2015
prisrob "pris," (New England USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This will be one of your children's favorite books. The premise behind this book is the 'touch and feel'. Little ones love being read to, they like pictures to look at, and when they can feel textures, all the better.
This book gives children a chance to see and feel what the person in the book is doing. When an adult us holding their little one and introducing them to the touch and feel of the picture, a lot of love is shown. Reading to your children is a sign of love to your children, and something they will remember forever more.

Parents/teachers will enjoy reading this book to their children. The children will have a chance to feel and smell the flowers, feel their daddy's beard, feel the bunny's soft fur and on and on. I think children will want to keep reading this book through their preschool years. This is a book that soon to be parents will enjoy, grandparents will like to have this book in their home, and schools and preschools will enjoy it for all ages of children. A wonderful first book.

Recommended. prisrob 06-10-15

1.0 out of 5 stars Very dated, 30 Sept. 2011
I can see this is nostalgic for many people but it was created in the 40s and looks very very dated today. Daddy has a scratchy face, while mummy has a button box and a ring - looking a lot like a wedding ring. No unmarried mummies here please. The illustrations are anaemic looking and the flowers smell of cheap old-lady perfume. Unless this was your childhood favourite, then I recommend "That's not my puppy" and "That's not my dinosaur", which are better quality, more fun and cheaper.

Also, although I specifically selected the "board book" option, mine has come with a plastic comb binding, which came apart as I took it out of the box - before my children had got anywhere near it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great baby gift. No nursery should be without this., 30 Mar. 1999
By A Customer
What a sweet, charming classic! Simple pictures. soft textures. Worth every penny! The baby you know would thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars This was my favorite book as a baby., 18 Jan. 1999
By A Customer
I have always loved this book. I loved all the things to touch and feel when I was a toddler. It takes me back just thinking about it. I would recommend this book to any toddler who is always getting into things and always touching everything.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Pat the Bunny: Touch n Feel (Golden Touch and Feel Book)
Pat the Bunny: Touch n Feel (Golden Touch and Feel Book) by Dorothy Kunhardt (Plastic Comb - 1 Jun. 1962)