5.0 out of 5 stars I'd forgotten how much fun this was!
I bought this to entertain my four year old on a long train journey - it worked!!

When reading it I realised I had enjoyed Richard Scarry's books as a child too although I hadn't remembered that before hand.

Published on 22 Oct 2008 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
My son enjoys-but I find the range a little out of date. Have other Scarry's books, my son likes them for the illustrations & will sit & look at the pictures etc-I find them a little boring (but it's not about me -0) my son is 4.5
Published 3 months ago by Josie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd forgotten how much fun this was!, 22 Oct 2008
This review is from: Richard Scarry's a Day at the Fire Station (Pictureback(r)) (Paperback)

A great fun interactive story about a day at a fire station with lots of mishaps and disasters to laugh at. But the thing that really makes these books is the level of detail in the pictures - there is always something new to see.

A definate must!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Entertaining Book!!, 7 Sep 2010
My 2.5 yr old loves fire engines so instantly loved this book. There is so much to look at, we find new things on the pages all the time. Highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book with loads of pictures, 21 Jan 2010
My 2 year old loves this book as it is crammed with little pigs dressed as painters and fire men with lots of background images to keep him occupied. The pictures are wonderful and the book is very bright. The story is very good and quite amusing, it had him laughing, going 'oh no' when something unexpected happened so it engages well with the reader. I can see this book growing with him as its great as a picture book now and a detailed enough story to last through to when he can read on his own.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 4 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Boys love fire engines and will love this book too, 29 Oct 2013
My 2 year old loves fire trucks and this book is full of them (nearly every page!). My son really enjoys this book as it does have quite a bit to look at on every page and he looks over and studies everything going on. This is a good book to turn page to page and look at all of the detail and point out everything which has been illustrated. My son really seems to like this book and it definitely keeps him entertained. I think this one will be a favorite for awhile.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love reading it to her and we both like to ..., 11 July 2014
A lovely busy book. My granddaughter loves it.She is two and a half years old and really gets the humour in it. I love reading it to her and we both like to find everyone in the mess and chaos of the story.
My one and half year old grandson however does not get it at all. I hope that he will like it when he is a bit older.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014
excellent value

4.0 out of 5 stars a day at the firestation, 14 Jun 2014
I bought this book for my 2 and 1/2 year old son. He loves looking at the pictures and pointing things out whilst I read it to him. In the story , some painters arrive to paint the fire station but find it tricky as the firefighters are rushing to and fro . The place ends up in a mess but they pull together to clean the place up . It mainly focuses on the painters trying to do their job rather than the firefighters doing theirs but hey, the kid loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, 5 Jan 2014
Yet another Richard Scarry success. ~His books have lasting appeal. My 40 year old son is looking through these books with
his sons now. Dateless charm.

4.0 out of 5 stars The second copy finally arrived at its destination, 29 Dec 2013
As the first copy of this book did not turn up at our daughter's address in Mountsorrel, she was pleased to let us know that it did finally arrive. It was well received as a birthday present for our grandson.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Richard Scarry's a Day at the Fire Station (Pictureback(r))
Richard Scarry's a Day at the Fire Station (Pictureback(r)) by Garth Williams (Paperback - 1 Aug 2003)
2.37