5.0 out of 5 stars I'd forgotten how much fun this was!
I bought this to entertain my four year old on a long train journey - it worked!!

When reading it I realised I had enjoyed Richard Scarry's books as a child too although I hadn't remembered that before hand.

Published on 22 Oct. 2008 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Scarry's best
The Busy Busy Town book and other Scarry titles have been big hits in our family (and I read them myself when I was a kid), but frankly, kids interested in fire engines and fire stations will get nothing from this. There's almost no detail about the equipment either in the firehouse or on the trucks. Scarry's A Day at the Airport, in the same series, is a much better...
Published on 16 April 2011 by sam k

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd forgotten how much fun this was!, 22 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Richard Scarry's a Day at the Fire Station (Pictureback(r)) (Paperback)

A great fun interactive story about a day at a fire station with lots of mishaps and disasters to laugh at. But the thing that really makes these books is the level of detail in the pictures - there is always something new to see.

A definate must!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book with loads of pictures, 21 Jan. 2010
My 2 year old loves this book as it is crammed with little pigs dressed as painters and fire men with lots of background images to keep him occupied. The pictures are wonderful and the book is very bright. The story is very good and quite amusing, it had him laughing, going 'oh no' when something unexpected happened so it engages well with the reader. I can see this book growing with him as its great as a picture book now and a detailed enough story to last through to when he can read on his own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Entertaining Book!!, 7 Sept. 2010
My 2.5 yr old loves fire engines so instantly loved this book. There is so much to look at, we find new things on the pages all the time. Highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better for kids three plus, 23 Jan. 2013
There is an awful lot to look at in this book and so much to talk about, that I think it will stand the test of time in our house. I think I must have become a bit over-sensitive and pc since becoming a parent as the idea of discussing car and lorry crashes with my little boy who is nearly two doesn't sit so comfortably with me, but looking back, I remember as a kids myself rather enjoying crashing my own toy cars, and building pile ups with them, so I guess I should be expecting it from him in years to come! It's a lovely book, though, just probably a bit too old for my two year old right now..

4.0 out of 5 stars a day at the firestation, 14 Jun. 2014
I bought this book for my 2 and 1/2 year old son. He loves looking at the pictures and pointing things out whilst I read it to him. In the story , some painters arrive to paint the fire station but find it tricky as the firefighters are rushing to and fro . The place ends up in a mess but they pull together to clean the place up . It mainly focuses on the painters trying to do their job rather than the firefighters doing theirs but hey, the kid loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars fun fire engines, 23 Dec. 2010
This a well produced book, absolutely ideal for a young child who has a passion for Fire Engines. Presume it has been taken from the original Richard Scary book that my children had over 30 years ago, but it is still delightfully funny and attention holding. A great book to get the child to talk and look in detail at the great fun illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love reading it to her and we both like to ..., 11 July 2014
A lovely busy book. My granddaughter loves it.She is two and a half years old and really gets the humour in it. I love reading it to her and we both like to find everyone in the mess and chaos of the story.
My one and half year old grandson however does not get it at all. I hope that he will like it when he is a bit older.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mess, muck and a sticky end!, 11 Jun. 2010
E. Rogerson (South Tyrol, Italy) - See all my reviews
Nice little book. My boys (5 & 6) like any story about fire engines, and this always gets a laugh due to how very messy they all get. (Boys love getting mucky nearly as much as they love fire engines!)
Says it all really.
And of course Richard Scarry's drawings are always great, so full of things going on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read Again Grandma, 22 Mar. 2011
Lunar Shine "Moon Shadow" (Dorset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is one of several Richard Scarry books I have bought for my Grandson and he loves it. When I read it to him before he goes to bed, he always wants me to read it again. He finds it so funny and loves finding all the little characters. If it pleases him so much, it pleases me...

5.0 out of 5 stars A really run book, 2 Dec. 2009
nancyproco (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my son last Christmas when he was 3, and it has remained one of his favourites. It is full of colourful, interesting pictures, and there is lots going on. Great ending - still makes me smile when I read it!

I definitely recommend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Richard Scarry's a Day at the Fire Station (Pictureback(r))
Richard Scarry's a Day at the Fire Station (Pictureback(r)) by Garth Williams (Paperback - 1 Aug. 2003)