5.0 out of 5 stars A classic
One of the best children's books ever. Simple idea but so well done. Teaches children colours and let's their imagination go wild. Children as young as 1 or 2 enjoy the pictures but the book has appeal also for preschoolers. Tried to find the book for years, so glad there is a reprint. Brilliant! Every parent should have this book!
Published on 14 Mar 2006

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Three books ordered three books delivered all on different days.
Published 1 month ago by Tonygroaner

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 14 Mar 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: The Color Kittens (Little Golden Book Classics) (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mother of 5/Grandmother of 6: all need to read/see this book, 28 Nov 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: The Color Kittens (Hardcover)
All of my 5 children were raised on this book, and I have searched everywhere (?) for copies in the last few years - to no avail. I need 6 copies right away! We are a family of artists - this book must have had SOMETHING to do with that - our all time favorite!

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming little book, 13 Nov 2009
My 3 year-old daughter loves me reading this to her at bedtime. It's a delightfully quirky tale which not only captures my daughter's attention but also makes her giggle and as an added bonus it is helping her to understand how mixing certain colours makes a whole new colour!

A good old-fashioned tale which stands reading over and over again.

I would recommend it along with the other books in the Classic series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ever, 16 April 2001
By A Customer
The Color Kittens came out fifty years ago when I was three. It was originaly a 25 cent "Golden Book". It remains the favorite picture book of my childhood and is also greatly loved by my children: Christopher, William, James & Katherine. This new large-format edition makes it even more enjoyable. Pure magic.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite, 22 April 2008
S. Luisa "Happy parent" (Johannesburg, South Africa) - See all my reviews
I had the Portuguese version of this book (no idea where it is now) and the image of those kittens is very well imprinted in my memory. So great to see it again. I'm flying to Europe next Month and will be placing an order so that my to very young boys will have this book waiting for their arrival. I'm thrilled.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 29 Nov 2013
My daughter asked me to get this for my granddaughter. Lovely story but the American spellings do grate with me a bit!

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book, 25 Feb 2012
I was thrilled that my beloved childhood book is still in print 60 years later. This is a wonderful, poetic and colourful story that my own grandchildren adore. It is their favourite bedtime story.
The two little kittens, with their buckets of colour, mix and make all the colours in the world. The pictures are enchanting, and, dare I say, educational, as my grandchildren get out their paints and practise the colour mixing themselves. Add to that the poetic writing of Margaret Wise Brown, and you have the perfect story for young children.

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun for the little ones, 26 Jan 2012
My little girl, 3 years old absolutely adores this book. She asks me to read it to her every night. I was very impressed with the illustrations and the colors used. Simply, fun & adorable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood Memories, 10 July 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: The Color Kittens (Hardcover)
I am proud to say that my grandmother still reads this adorable book, and I am 29 years old!! I can not wait to share this with my children. I hope they are able to hear my grandmother read it to them with all of the specialness.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 9 Oct 2014
Tonygroaner (Dewsbury Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Three books ordered three books delivered all on different days.

The Color Kittens (Little Golden Book Classics)
The Color Kittens (Little Golden Book Classics) by Martin Provensen (Hardcover - 1 May 2003)