4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read!
Published on 11 Dec. 2011 by Hlsathaven

1.0 out of 5 stars Alcoholic idiot
Some people are very impressed by lazy sarcasm and a posh accent. Christopher Hitchens was a hack, torn apart by George Galloway in their debate, and he has no credibility left after he supported the Iraq war. Ignore what the Hitchens cult says, this book is nothing but pure trash.
Published on 3 Oct. 2012 by Zero

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read!, 11 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Quotable Hitchens From Alcohol to Zionism (Paperback)
I've read quite a bit of Hitchens, so I expected to be familiar with much of the material in this book, but I was quite surprised at how much stuff was new to me - it comes from many sources, and it's all in alphabetical order.. Entertaining, thought-provoking, a bit dry in parts, but you really need to read the original source material to get the context sometimes, and the most enjoyment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Quotable Hitchens From Alcohol to Zionism (Paperback)
I bought this book simply because I love Hitchens and his work and opinions. However, this book has proved to be extremely useful in a number of different situations. For example, if you are having tea and you want to find something interesting to talk about then you can simply flick to one of the more contentious issues that Hitchens has commented on, read out a quote, and start a debate!

It is also useful while writing speeches; quotations are always useful in speeches,and this book gives you a vast amount of quotations of a vast amount of topics. I used a quotation from this book while I was debating with a friend whether or not abortion can ever be justified, and the quotation spiced up the conversation immensely. I also used a quote from this book while writing a public speech on Mother Teresa, which I am performing in a few days time.

This is not, however, the sort of book that you read cover to cover. Instead, it is the sort of book that you dip in and out of when you feel like seeing Hitchens' opinion on a certain issue.

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants an interesting book that is certain to fire up opinions and start interesting debates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Concentrated Hitchens, 9 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Quotable Hitchens From Alcohol to Zionism (Paperback)
This book is a superb distillation of the work of Christopher Hitchens. In many respects his writing style is reminiscent of HL Mencken with whom he shares a similar outlook on life especially his disdain of the clergy and other pompous elements of society.I found the book demonstrates his prowess as todays leading wordsmith.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very encouraging to read other authors stuff, 13 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Quotable Hitchens From Alcohol to Zionism (Paperback)
If you like Hitch, its a must read. Not only that you will have some of the greatest Christophers quotes in one place, this book will encourage you to look up for his old articles about wars, politics, religion etc. and get more detailed view on his opinions and retrospect them.

"In the UK, the Queen is the head of the church and head of the state, as wellas the Armed Forces - a state of affairs that is so ridiculous that many people hardly notice it."

5.0 out of 5 stars The Great Hitch!, 2 Nov. 2014
4th Earl (Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quotable Hitchens From Alcohol to Zionism (Paperback)
I quoted 'The Hitch' when I left my old job. My manager asked why I was leaving, was it something he had done? I simply said, "Well, if you had an enema, you could fit in a match box!" This just gives me loads more ammunition!

5.0 out of 5 stars hitchens, 27 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Quotable Hitchens From Alcohol to Zionism (Paperback)
Love this guy. Wish I had his intelligence. Very useful quotes. On tv recently with Tony Blair and I think Chris Hitchens just edged the debate.

5.0 out of 5 stars What I wanted, 24 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Quotable Hitchens From Alcohol to Zionism (Paperback)
It is a good introduction to Hitchens. Efficiently processed and delivered. I can't think of anything else to say about a book I wanted which was delivered promptly!

5.0 out of 5 stars A real treasury of wisdom from one of the great thinkers of our age, 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Quotable Hitchens From Alcohol to Zionism (Paperback)
A real treasury of wisdom from one of the great thinkers of our age. A nice volume but wish it were in hard back as an important book to keep and refer to!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 21 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Quotable Hitchens From Alcohol to Zionism (Paperback)
As someone who has only recently got into Hitchings its a very good read I pick it up from time to time just to see some well worded quotes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 May 2015
5 star read

Quotable Hitchens From Alcohol to Zionism
Quotable Hitchens From Alcohol to Zionism by Christopher Hitchens (Paperback - 10 May 2011)