4.0 out of 5 stars Surprising turnaround!, 29 Jan 2014
Mrs. N. BROWN-DAVIS "peaceangel" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sex, Mom and God (Paperback)
I just gave this book 4 stars as I didn't particularly enjoy the writing style, but the content I found surprising, although it had been recommended by a friend who did give me a clue or two! Having been influenced in my 20's by the parents of this writer, Francis and Edith Schaeffer, and also their friend Billy Graham, I was surprised to learn of his complete turn-around, after following faithfully in his father's footsteps for many years. The connections with the Republican party were also of interest to me, as having always supported (from afar) the Democrat party, I had recently come into contact with an avid Christian Republican in America!

The best bit was how much he enjoyed his Grandchildren, which I identified with, having just acquired 3 of my own!! And the sections on his attitudes to abortion and homosexuality co-incided with my own.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sex, Mom and God, 21 Sep 2011
Mr. M. Edwards (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sex, Mom, and God (Hardcover)
A bit quirky, but a fascinating insight into a world unfamiliar to many of us. The author has gone from fundamentalist to Greek Orthodox, which must be quite rare.

ARRAY(0xa8461984)

Sex, Mom, and God
Sex, Mom, and God by Frank Schaeffer (Hardcover - 23 Jun 2011)
15.63
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available