Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 January 2011
Very pleased that the item arrived before New Year, packaged perfectly and in excellent condition.
As far as Streissguth's Cash Biography goes it is also excellent as it does not promote untenable romantic stories but portrays the Cash-Carter union in much more realistic terms. Anyone who enjoys this book will also enjoy reading Vivian Liberto-Cash's book "I walked the line". Unlike in the movie "Walk the Line" we learn of a different past in Johnny Cash's life.
Having waited for Johnny for 3 years while he served overseas and having given birth to his 4 children, seeing her 13-year marriage wiped off the slate and never ever having had her name nor her role in Johnny Cash's life mentioned until the death of June Carter must have been incredibly painful for Vivian Cash. Sharing her life-long love for Johnny Cash (in times when he did not have a cent nor fame to his name and later on) with the reader is a very moving experience. Important reading for anyone falling in love with a married person - definitely five stars.
VINE VOICEon 20 October 2013
My wife,myself and our Son has read this book and we all thoroughly enjoyed it.Johnny Cash was a troubled man and this book shows how tragedy shaped his life and was there at the forefront of his attitude every single day.A truly amazing book that you can't put down which will be just as well,as there will be queue of family members waiting to read it.recommended.
on 12 May 2013
I have loved Johnny Cash for years and love all his music as well as read about him. He was such a loveable rogue. Always a bit of a rebel, but always true to himself and his music. My only regret is that I never met him personally, but his is a huge legacy.
on 10 December 2013
First I saw the film "Walk The Line", then I became a fan of the music, so then I wanted to find out more about the man.

I read this book whilst on holiday in the summer and found it meant by requirements of finding out more about Johnny and identifying where the film had exercised some creative license. Over all the film appears to have been reasonably accurate except for one significant issue. Sadly Johnny didn't fully give up the prescription drugs although he managed to stay off them for several years from 1968, he apparently did return to them from 1976 albeit on a smaller scale.

This is an honest aspect of the book, which although acknowledging the negative without attempting to sensationalise it does pay tribute to this with honour to the one of the original Sun masters.
on 11 March 2013
I found this a book I did not want to put down, I just wanted to read on and on through each chapter.
If your a fan of JR Cash's music then this is a must read. You find out about his family, his struggle with fame and drugs, and his amazing ability to write music. Sad ending to an incredibly well wrote book.
on 20 November 2013
As a life long Johnny Cash fan, I was looking forward to reading this book on holiday. I did not even get half way through. The book rambles, every page is full of unknown names and worst of all, I think I know even less about the great man.
on 7 February 2013
I bought this as a gift for my son at Christmas. He seems very pleased with it and it arrived on time and well packaged.