Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 December 2012
This book is awesome, it has been such an inspiration. I bought this for a friend and then she bought it for me too! You must read this if you are into songwriting.......there is something Magic about it! just could not put this down and after reading all of it I still pick this up for inspiration quite a lot :)
on 22 April 2010
if you are budding songwriter this is essential reading. legends in the songwriting business talk about the craft and how they go about writing songs. not to be missed if you serious about learning the craft.
on 4 February 2012
No doubt the main audience for this book is other songwriters and composers. The author's passion for the subject shines through and I spent many a day dipping into the book, selecting the songwriters I knew and liked. Each interview was well-researched, so the interviewees were spared the usual celebrity journalism and were able to talk about their work and methods in detail. I hope the next edition will include Joni, James Taylor and some Brits, notably Paul McCartney, Sting and Pete Townshend (both endorsed by Randy Newman), Elvis Costello and Nik Kershaw. This is a wonderful book and great value.
on 25 April 2015
Excellent book! Some of the best insights into the art of songwriting that I have come across!
on 22 July 2014
Fascinating, brilliant - have bought as a present for a number of musician friends as well.
on 30 December 2015
It was a lot bigger than expected and took about 10 days to come but a very cool book
on 28 July 2014
A very informative and interesting read, a must for any budding songwriting.
on 28 June 2015
a wonderful book, I have been dipping into it continously for a few months.
on 23 October 2014
fast delivery, recommended
on 18 April 2012
I love this book even though I'd never heard of half of these people before (young and naive that I am).. Basically the author has compiled a collection of interviews with songwriters. Well written and very interesting. Even more so if you're interested in songwriting yourself.. Some really great interviews. To name but one, Bob Dylan. Need I say more.. Don't think twice it's alright. ;)
Highly recommend this book x