5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Young Women, 20 Jan. 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Madame Curie (Paperback)
Excellent work by a woman writer who is also the daughter of Madam Curie. I would recommend this book to all young women. It is an excellent account of a great woman who made a mark on history when (supposedly) women had little freedom or power. Miss Curie (the writer) exhibits a great deal of love and devotion to her mother, yet remains objective.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marie Curie- A woman of wisdom and heart, 1 Dec. 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Madame Curie (Paperback)
Marie Curie never gave up in life. This book is truly well written and full of wisdom and great-doing. Bravo to the whole Curie family. Yours is one of true splendour!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, 8 April 2008
B. Dimyon "Pomgolian" (Brighton, UK, EU) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Madame Curie: A Biography (Da Capo Series in Science) (Paperback)
I thought I knew a lot about her but found out plenty more. I couldn't put it down for a whole weekend. Someone borrowed it but I want it back! And now Im back for more copies to give to my friends! I simply cannot recommend this highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars A recommendation from my grandmothers diary!, 25 April 2013
A. Collings "angiec18" (Blandford,Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Madame Curie (Paperback)
I have my grandmothers diary for the year 1942 - in so many passages she writes of this book, how inspiring it is, and that she cannot put it down.. So I thought I would send for it and was thrilled to see it was still available after all these years. One always knows about the Marie Curie nurses, but I had simply no idea of the life this lady lead and what greatness she achieved as a women and a scientist. All her life she shunned fame and money - even when she and her equally talented husband Pierre founded "Radium". They could have become wealthy overnight by patenting the product, but decided instead to share it with scientists all over the world. Only half way through - one amazing story - highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Biography, 20 Aug. 2013
J. A. Ludlow "Ghostslut" (Middle England - UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book immediately after seeing an excellent documentary based on it. Marie Curie has long been a personal heroine of myself and my sister and we both look forward to reading the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you INTP woman?, 7 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Madame Curie (Kindle Edition)
It is a recommended read for INTP ladies who are struggling in a stereotypical world. I am waiting for the kindle version to buy, as it is available in amazon.com but not yet in amazon.co.uk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prostate Cancer., 4 Nov. 2013
Recently had 6.5 weeks of radiotherapy because of prostate cancer and I didn't know anything about radium. I read this book not knowing how amazing the Curie's were. Definately worth a read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Synopsis, 14 Sept. 2008
Written by Madame Curie's daughter this biography chronicles her legendary achievements in science, including her pioneering efforts in the study of radioactivity and her two Nobel Prizes in Physics and Chemistry. It also spotlights her remarkable life, from her childhood in Poland, to her storybook Parisian marriage to fellow scientist Pierre Curie, to her tragic death from the very radium that brought her fame.

5.0 out of 5 stars A childhood favorite, 19 Feb. 2013
Iam dlighted to get another copy of this old favorite. But why do they bind them So Tightly! difficult to hold Kindle is much easier

Madame Curie: A Biography (Da Capo Series in Science)
Madame Curie: A Biography (Da Capo Series in Science) by Curie (Paperback - 12 Mar. 2001)