on 24 September 2004
THIS IS MY ALL TIME FAVE BOOK, I LOVE IT SO MUCH IT'S ALWAYS CLOSE TO HAND FOR A BROWSE OR ABIT OF INSPIRATION! I BOUGHT IT AS I LOVE ALL THINGS RETRO AND KITSCH, AND FOUND IT TO HAVE GREAT PICTURES OF SOME FAB HOMES BUT ALSO GOOD, SIMPLE READING TOO! IT'S GIVEN ME SO MANY IDEAS AND HAS BEEN SHARED ROUND FRIENDS TIME AND AGAIN, THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT HOME DESIGN OF THE FIFTIES THAT IS SO SIMPLE BUT STILL SO COOL.
IF YOU LOVE HOME INTERIOR MAGS, RETRO DINERS AND ATOMIC PRINTS THEN THIS BOOK WILL HAVE A SPECIAL PLACE IN YOUR HEART JUST AS IT DOES IN MINE.
on 22 January 2001
This book is a great hip living guide. It offers great projects and step by step instructions. The look is retro but I would say its hip and happening now!
on 19 October 2015
Not enough photos depicting the whole room. Too many pictures of single items.