5.0 out of 5 stars A lovingly prepared, inspirational & informative book.
Published on 4 Jun 2000 by dande83136@aol.com

2.0 out of 5 stars Dated and not very helpful
Bought this item to help me with flower decorations for our wedding.
The images inside were very dated and the ideas weren't up to date. Smacked of very 80's.
Published 15 months ago by Sammykins 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovingly prepared, inspirational & informative book., 4 Jun 2000
This review is from: The Complete Book of Wedding Flowers (Paperback)
Friends of mine have asked me to assist with the Church flowers for their wedding and as I am not a qualified florist and do not arrange flowers on a regular basis I felt I needed help. I could not have chosen a better mentor than Shirley Monckton. Her book covers every aspect of the wedding involving flowers, plus much more, and her ideas are creative and stunning.
She unveils the mysteries of how to produce the magnificent arrangements we all see and admire in Church and at the reception, with small detailed sketches of how to prepare the foundations of the arrangement and what flowers to use, together with beautiful photographs of the results. Her knowledge and experience of weddings is obvious as she goes through the floral wedding plans from the beginning to after the celebrations are over and the practicalities of clearing up arise. The information she provides on Church protocol and practicalities - such as protecting pew ends from water stains - are invaluable and put everything into perspective. Where before I felt rather tentative about what I might produce, I now feel confident and assured.
This is a book I will enjoy for a very long time, well after the wedding, because I feel the love she has for her subject shines through.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dated and not very helpful, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Complete Book of Wedding Flowers (Paperback)
Bought this item to help me with flower decorations for our wedding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wedding Dilemmas, 14 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Complete Book of Wedding Flowers (Paperback)
Bought this as nephew getting married and his other half not at all certain what flowers she wants only what she doesn't want roses and not sure what style this has helped.

The Complete Book of Wedding Flowers
The Complete Book of Wedding Flowers by Shirley Monckton (Paperback - 27 July 1995)
Used & New from: £0.05