5.0 out of 5 stars A"Must Read" for anyone interested in the performing arts, 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: I, Maya Plisetskaya (Hardcover)
Being old enough and fortunate enough to have seen this great dancer on the stage in some of her greatest roles, I was delighted to get hold of this book I, Maya Plisetskaya(I bought it in hardback and paperback!)It is utterly fascinating, not only the insight into this great woman's artistic life(she is rightly claimed as one of the greatest ballerinas ever) but also the private person and the struggles she had to overcome under the Soviet Regime to pursue her career, her sheer existence. Her courage, iron willpower and ,of course, a God given talent,made her the great artist she is. The book ,of course,is full of complicated Russian names (for some readers!) and has no index. Just read it cover to cover. Its well worth it and very inspiring!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 13 Mar 2012
This review is from: I, Maya Plisetskaya (Hardcover)
Maya is my favourite ballerina ever, and i was so glad i enjoyed her book as much as i do her dancing! Surprisingly well written, moving in parts, and covers everything you'd want to know about her dancing & big roles, her life (particularly the impact the politics of Russia at the height of her fame. I'm so glad i found this, i know i'll be re-reading it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ballet Book to Keep!, 16 Aug 2011
A. C. Mcknight (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I, Maya Plisetskaya (Hardcover)
A fully rounded book, covering the nitty gritty of training and performing and the frustration of Politics impinging on Art. Very readable.

I, Maya Plisetskaya
I, Maya Plisetskaya by Maya Plisetskaya (Hardcover - 10 Oct 2001)
Used & New from: 14.16