5.0 out of 5 stars From Carnac To Callanish (via Dartmoor)!, 5 Nov 2005
John S (Dorset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: From Carnac to Callanish: Prehistoric Stone Rows of Britain, Ireland and Brittany (Hardcover)
Since the day I saw my first stone avenue, looming out of the Dartmoor mist and looking like a column of soldiers marching through the mists of time, I was hooked. I eventually located several more stone rows and avenues on the moor - but there was little or no information available about them to satisfy my growing curiousity.Then I found Aubrey Burl's book 'From Carnac to Callanish' this book has them all, from Brittany to the Hebrides in fascinating detail. First published in 1993, it is a gem of a book that is as detailed as it is readable. If you have ever looked at a row of megaliths and wondered, buy this book now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ancient stones and sites., 6 May 2006
Dark Paths "Dark Paths" (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I became interested in ancient stone alignments This guide has been invaluable to me, when exploring the leafy lanes and moorlands of the UK in search of the real inspiration behind the game. It comes highly recommended.

Used & New from: 18.94