on 23 August 2002
While other books on colour theory such as Itten's "The Elements of Colour" and Birren's "Principles of Color" present colour theory in a way that can be read and put down, reading these books won't train your eye. Spending time on Josef Albers' book will acquaint you with colour to a degree you wouldn't have thought possible.
To profit from this book you have to be willing to put in the time to do the colour experiments for yourself but the effort is worth it. The only drawback with the book is that I found the text isn't all that easy to follow at times and there aren't an awful lot of illustrations to help explain what's in the text.
on 13 June 2004
I brought this book for research into colour theory, for use at University. Actually being a computing student, looking for the first time at human interaction, this book really did open my eyes about how much there is to this subject. There are various DIY experiments explained in the book, but in my opinion, some of theories into how we interact with colour are far more interesting.
I would say that this is an interesting (although small) book, by any standards, and is certainly not just useful for studies.
on 17 May 2014
I realised when I saw it that it was not really suitable for purpose for the person I was hoping to give it to.
But it would be an enviable book to possess for artist with special interests in colour
on 8 May 2014
Glad I have this book for future references and support in managing my work in the future. its a good book.
on 6 July 2014