5.0 out of 5 stars The best there is....
Published on 7 Oct. 2004 by INGRID

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very practical...
Published on 29 Jun. 2007 by Eternal Nomad

5.0 out of 5 stars The best there is...., 7 Oct. 2004
INGRID (Farnham Common, Bucks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Norwegian-English Dictionary (Paperback)
Brilliant. If only there were comparable Danish and Swedish versions. I have been using this dictionary for 20 years in my work as a translator and quite honestly it is the best dictionary on the market. My only quibble is that the typeface is very small, but the range of vocabulary is beryond reproach. After 20 years my copy has finally fallen apart and I am ordering a new copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Norwegian-English Dictionary (Paperback)
Not a book for the complete beginner, but if you want to progress in Norwegian (which is a diverse family of dialects), this is the most important dictionary you need. Use English-Norwegian/Norwegian-English dictionaries by all means, but there is nothing on the market which comes close to the Green Book. Indispensable: you won't be able to properly translate without it. The only Norwegian-English dictionary to include both Bokmål and Nynorsk, as well as dialect words. If you're serious about learning Norwegian, you can't go wrong with this. No praise high enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need, 6 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Norwegian-English Dictionary (Paperback)
This Norwegian-English dictionary is essential when trying to learn more complex Norwegian. Once you get past the "Hello" and "How are you" stage you'll find that you need something like this to decipher the vast differences in dialect throughout the language.

As well as including slang, swearwords and differences in spelling, the dictionary shows examples of the word in context. This is the best reference I have found for improving my Norwegian vocab and understanding of the language.

Note- This dictionary only translates from Norwegian to English

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent dictionary, shame about the binding, 30 Dec. 2012
Lady J. Buckley "Grannybee" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Norwegian-English Dictionary (Paperback)
This is an excellent dictionary. It is about the only way of coping with the numerous changes that have taken place in Norwegian spelling over the last 150 years or so. My only criticism is that the binding of my copy was so bad that pages started to fall out after less than one week of very careful use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensible!, 13 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Norwegian-English Dictionary (Paperback)
This is a must-have dictionary if you're learning Norwegian. It has EVERYTHING - Bokmål Nynorsk, all verb forms, alternate versions. When you're reading Norwegian and find a word you don't know, you will find it in this dictionary. This is the only dictionary I've seen that can boast this. Another advantage is this book includes American English vocabulary, not just British English vocabulary. The author lived in the USA. A disadvantage is that it is only Norwegian to English, but the advantages of this dictionary outweigh that easily surmountable issue.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very practical..., 29 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Norwegian-English Dictionary (Paperback)
I bought this dictionary thinking it would be useful. I found that first of all it only translates one way i.e.. from Norwegian to English. When I needed to find a word from English to Norwegian it became completely useless. Second, the book doesn't have all the word endings or tenses but directs you to other words which can be laborious and if you're unsure of what you're supposed to be looking for because you don't understand the language (this is why I bought the dictionary after all).

After two days of despair I bought an English/Norwegian Norwegian/English dictionary and am happily translating and discovering this fantastic language.

5.0 out of 5 stars a well worth while purchase,, 24 July 2014
Rev. R. Gurling "Bishop Roger" (Dartford Kent U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Norwegian-English Dictionary (Paperback)
a well worth while purchase, I have been to Norway and will find this very helpful when I need help to translate in more remote areas

5.0 out of 5 stars I have worn out my first copy with continued reference, 15 Feb. 2001
Jill Catherine Reed "jill reed" (the west coast of Norway) - See all my reviews
A brilliant book to help the new and advanced learner cope with the confusion of dialect words he or she will meet each day in Norway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Norwegian-English Dictionary (Paperback)
good dictionary and a good price

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good for learning Norwegian, 13 July 2010
This review is from: Norwegian-English Dictionary (Paperback)
This dictionary only translates from Norwegian to English, so when I wanted to look up an English word to find it's Norwegian equivalent; I couldn't. Returned it to Amazon

Norwegian-English Dictionary
Norwegian-English Dictionary by Einar Haugen (Paperback - 30 Sept. 1974)