Format: Hardcover|Change

on 5 September 2014
I have totally fallen in love with this exciting book and have cooked from it over and over again.
It has given me the confidence to use spices in a way I have never been brave enough to in the past and in combinations that I would never have thought would taste so fantastic!
The recipes are straight forward and easy to follow and produce wonderful results every time. It is beautifully presented and also very informative.
My children have also enjoyed using it and in fact I am in danger of losing my book to several people so it will be top of my Christmas gift list this year!!
All in all fantastic, thank you!
on 13 September 2014
Found this book so simple to follow and the recipes are so accessible. I have expanded my spice store and bought a spice grinder but am cooking so many recipes from it that it's well worth it! Had loads of compliments from friends and family who have enjoyed the fruits of my labours.
on 15 October 2014
My son got me this book for my Birthday (I'd been waiting ages for it to be published). I'm not disappointed. The ribs are certainly amazing, the Teriyaki Sirlon is gorgeous and served up on a wooden board it looks so prefessional. The easy chicken curry is a little bit hot but really nice and best of all it is all so easy to cook - clear recipes, good timings for everything - can't wait to cook some more and let my son try out the ribs when he comes for dinner next weekend
on 9 February 2015
I was initially quite hesitant to purchase this Kindle cookbook as I was unfamiliar with the author...but I am so glad that I bought it. It is filled with delicious delights and has recipes for both the inexperienced and experienced cook. The book contains about 90% of pictures to accompany the pictures too, which I find very satisfactory.

If you enjoy Indian food with a slight twist...then take the plunge! I look forward to more books like this from Druv Baker.
on 6 August 2014
Amazing book by an amazing chef. There is a massive assumption that using spices is related to Indian cooking, but Dhruv clearly shows that spices can be used in a wide array of dishes and cuisines, with stunning results. Great pics, easy to follow recipes and the passing over of a deep understanding of how and why spices work in the way that they do.
on 10 May 2015
This is a truly inspiring book. I've not cooked anything yet but the recipes and photos sound and look gorgeous. Dhruv uses a lot of spices and ingredients and he's very generous on that one. Infancy the fundraiser with soy sauce, galangal and star anise. He serves this with plum and black cardamon sauce. Yummy.Got this book new for a bargain 3 quid.
on 10 July 2014
This is an amazing book, it really helps you to understand using spice to enhance flavours and makes home cooking taste Michelin star! The recipes are perfect for dinner parties and my young children have enjoyed a couple of them too. Looks good on the shelf as well.
on 15 March 2016
OMG, what a fabulous recipe book. Was recommended to me and thank goodness, I would have missed it otherwise. Aromatic spices, easy recipes yet packed with flavour. Wow.
on 3 February 2016
A beautifully presented book. It's a joy to open. The illustrations and photos are high quality and, in my opinion, any recipe devised by Druv Baker is always delicious.
on 17 October 2014
I have loads of cook books but this now right at the top. Simple clearly explained, well thought out recipes an excellent book should be in everyone's kitchen.