5.0 out of 5 stars Another Lovely Book!!!
I bought Seasonal Baking as I have Fiona's two other books and they are a go-to for all celebrations. Seasonal Baking does not disappoint!

Seasonal Baking is the sort of book you want to sit down and read with a cup of tea- the recipes all look fantastic and there are so many lovely photographs to look through. I have baked the Peanut Butter and Sour Cherry...
Published 13 months ago by Debs

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't tell a book by its cover!
Beautifully illustrated.Recipes disappointing .I am a reasonable cook but have not enjoyed great success with several recipes I have tried.
Published 9 months ago by denisegloster

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars I love Fiona Cairns' books and this is no exception, 19 July 2014
This review is from: Seasonal Baking: Celebrating the baking year with classic cakes, cupcakes, biscuits and delicious treats (Hardcover)
I love Fiona Cairns' books and this is no exception. Serve unusual recipes in terms of flavour combinations but this is one of the reasons I like her cookbooks. Beautiful photography, clear recipes and ingredient lists. Great for the experienced or novice baker.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this Fiona book, 2 Aug 2014
Bought the first Fiona book just had to get the second. This is a high quality book with hardcover. Recipes great a few very different combinations e.g. courgettes in brownies???? Wasn't my thing but some all time favourites like raspberry & coconut

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't tell a book by its cover!, 12 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 30 Dec 2013
Have enjoyed reading through and done a couple of recipes but not had it long enough to test more yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks like I shall be tied to the kitchen for a ..., 26 Nov 2013
L. Rees (Birmingham UK) - See all my reviews
Lovely pictures and clear recipes invite you to try them....I will as the seasons progress. Looks like I shall be tied to the kitchen for a while.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to my collection, 21 Nov 2013
Some very good ideas that have gone down a treat with friends and family. A lovely book with clear instructions and illustrations. Even my first attempts at some of the recipes have come out looking like the pictures!

5.0 out of 5 stars seasonal baking, 16 Oct 2013
Wow what a beautiful book - not just for cooking from, but simply to devour the beautiful pictures. I love the way its split into 'seasonal' suggestions, inspiring use of local, seasonal ingredients and of course flavours that compliment the time of year. I was surprised at how straight forward and simple some of the recipes are - even though they look so amazing in the book. For someone who doesn't always get baking quite right - so far everything I've attempted has been a success! I definitely recommend the Chocolate Cardamom tart - as I didn't have a rectangular tin, I just used a standard round one - and it looked just as lovely. I have made the coconut and rasberry cake several times as its a favourite in our house. My daughter who has recently travelled in India has made the Ondhwa - its absolutely delicious and we had it with some spicy butternut squash soup - perfect combination and something totally different. I was recently given this book as a gift and intend to buy it for all the female members of my family for Christmas - and some of the men too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 30 July 2014
Good

2.0 out of 5 stars Where's the Christmas cake?, 29 Nov 2013
I very rarely send books back but this one was returned. Seasonal baking indicated to me a section at least on Christmas. I was wrong! Last year I mades Fiona Cairns Christmas pudding which was the best one ever so really wanted to make her Christmas cake which is why I bought this book. Pretty book but not a classic!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›