4.0 out of 5 stars Curate's Egg - good in parts
Recipes clear and well presented. But there are some 'obvious' dishes that appear in most cookbooks. And there are rather too many unusual ingredients for the home Cook.
Published 12 months ago by AlanCLondon

3.0 out of 5 stars Exciting recipes but where do I find the ingredients?
Published 8 months ago by Mr. Richard A. Scholes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Curate's Egg - good in parts, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: The French Kitchen: 200 Recipes From the Master of French Cooking (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved reading it., 15 Nov 2013
Mrs. P. M. Davies "nannie" (S Wales uk) - See all my reviews
Very good recipes. Can be quite difficult to do but a good insight into French cooking . Shows how they use different parts of meat that we don t normally use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Nov 2013
Alison Towers - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I must admit I pounced on this when I saw it had the recipe for beer soup that was on the telly the other night, without the very appetising little choux buns but what looks like a very tasty alternative. Since becoming older and less sturdy in the dentine department I have become a huge fan of terrines and mousses and there are some absolute cracking examples in here. I am positively twitching to get on and start on the ham mousse. The little mutton pies look delicious, and his scrambled eggs and chicken choux buns are making my mouth water just thinking about them. Haven't got my apron yet, and you may ask why I'm reviewing before cooking. This is Michel Roux Jnr, as if the recipes won't work perfectly. Apart from wrestling with a pig's head, or foraging through the entire mort of England to find a full foie gras, I'm prepared to try any of the recipes on faith as its inconceivable he would present any recipe that isn't out of this world delicious. If you don't cook, and have no intentions of cooking, then just reading this book feels like one step away from sitting in a restaurant actually eating, they look that good. Decades ago I found a fully illustrated book of Escoffier recipes, and never cooked a single one, although I have often browsed through it over the years. I cannot say the same of any of the family Roux books. They are all pretty dog eared and stained now from sitting open amongst the detritus on my kitchen worktop.

3.0 out of 5 stars Exciting recipes but where do I find the ingredients?, 23 Mar 2014
While a delightfully produced book full of enticing recipes the ingredients of midst of these recipes seem to me to be extremely difficult to source certainly in the north of England where I live. I wish I could make a lot of these recipes but the exotic or rather strange ingredients have put me off trying. I wish that this was not the case and I will ask my local butcher but fear that he may think me mad!

4.0 out of 5 stars Goodies, 2 May 2014
I wanted this book as a solid record of some of the more modern classics from Le Gavroche, and it has done just that. Probably lacking in photo's my modern standards, but the recipes are nice and clear. An all round good book. I would also like abit more of a narrative, I like to READ my cookbooks too.

Good recipes, but by a 2nd hand one....

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cookbook, 5 Jan 2014
Masterly elegant recipes which deliver joy to the eye as well as delights to the taste buds. We especially like the elegant, pretty leek terrine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 21 Dec 2013
There are a few repeats here & some ingredients [& recipes] are a little unlikely to be used for mid-week menus. M Roux does have a great ability to enthuse & following his recipes will not disappoint

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 16 Dec 2013
Such a lovely book with wonderful recipes explained in an interesting and informative way. Cant wait to try them all

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Roux essential to your collection!, 8 Sep 2014
Michel Jr has provided the recipes for elegant and classic dishes, and the ultimate HOW TO for presentation!

Any one considering trying out for Masterchef need study this book to take a strong advantage! Yes, some items are pricey or difficult to find locally, but we need to be able to use our imagination to replace those items with others that are available.

5.0 out of 5 stars A French kitchen masterclass, 15 Jun 2014
La bonne cuisine est la base du veritable bonheur, this book creates the foundation for happiness through food, simply a classic.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The French Kitchen: 200 Recipes From the Master of French Cooking
The French Kitchen: 200 Recipes From the Master of French Cooking by Michel Roux Jr. (Hardcover - 24 Oct 2013)