on 17 March 2013
This is a fantastic book, beautifully written and illustrated and full of great recipes.It has a wide range of dishes you can make ahead of a party, or just cook and pop in the freezer for later. There are traditional family favourites,like stew and dumplings, lasagne and a very tasty fish pie, as well as some more exotic meals - I particularly like the lemongrass pork curry. It has a section on classic standbys, including sauces and gravy and then a really handy "freezer 101" appendix, that covers all the basics of cooking and freezing food, and how best to use and maintain your freezer.
This is a great modern cook book, written by someone who really understands food, and is a must have for busy people or anyone who wants to plan a bit in advance and then benefit from having excellent dishes ready to go, straight from the freezer.
on 22 March 2013
This book is brilliant! All the recipes I have tried so far are truly delicious, and on their own earn “Freeze” a centre stage place on the kitchen bookshelf. But the fact that there are clear instructions on how to cook many of the recipes from start to finish in advance and then freeze them, so that you can get in from a long day and still produce a feast within the hour simply by walking from your freezer to your oven, means that it if you are only going to get one cookery book this year, I’d get this one. The cooking instructions are easy to follow without being patronizing, and there is a lovely variety of dishes in there: delicious successes so far have been the smoked haddock and spinach bake, chicken in creamy tarragon sauce and the scrunchy lemon and lime tart. There’s also loads of information about freezing just about everything, all written in a very engaging and readable way. If you’ve got an oven and a freezer in your kitchen - and that covers pretty much everyone - I’d recommend this book to you.
on 5 September 2014
This is an excellent book. Not only the recipes, buts lots of handy tips and good ideas. I have been using a freezer for many years but had never heard of flat freezing to save space. Also the idea of using silicone containers to open freeze and pop out to store in bags is new to me. The recipes are a good variety for general family cooking and the illustrations are well done. This is not just a cook book. I disagree with the comments and two star awards! It is almost an encyclopaedia of freezing.
on 12 March 2014
I highly recommend this book. It is very well laid out, and all of the recipes are accessible. Since using the book, I have found that I am more organised and there is more variety with family meals, plus there is always a tasty dish in the freezer...I never have to say "what am I going to cook for supper". My husband hates ready made meals, so now I have the perfect solution, a selection of good wholesome no nonsense meals that even he can heat up!.. After using the book, I have been inspired to buy a new, and much bigger freezer and I am itching to get cooking to fill it up! There is plenty of information on freezing a variety of foods that you would never have thought about. The author clearly has great knowledge and has presented the book beautifully. If I was only allowed one cookery book it would be this one..
on 29 March 2013
'FREEZE' is a fabulous book. Satisfying to look at and hold, it's full of great information to give your freezer a makeover and its tasty, straightforward recipes are perfect for everyday meals and special occasions. Definitely a good companion for all cooks!
on 19 March 2013
I was delighted to discover this book which is now sitting on my book shelf ( I love the polka dot spine). The storage ideas are particularly useful for making the most of my smallish freezer and any supermarket offers. I cant wait to try all the delicious looking recipes, if the first few recipes are anything to go by the family are in for some real treats. Its great to know that as a mum with a full on week my bases are covered when it comes to catering for any weekend dinner parties too.
on 17 February 2015
I like the layout of this book. Recipes whic, although quite basic, provide good standby diashes for the freezer. The section at the back is excellent. Full of useful advice & tips on how to maximise the use of your freezer. I have an old copy of "food Freezing at Home", circa 1963, which gives the nuts & bolts but this book is bang up to date and much more modern in it's approach. The cover photo mystifies me though; why you would want to freeze meringue I can't imagine as it keeps perfectly well for ages in an airtight container. Maybe it's to illustrate the raspberries of which I have a freezer full.
on 15 May 2013
Well done Justine, I have been eagerly awaiting the publication of this book and I haven't been disappointed. The recipes are fantastic. I have yet to have a failure. The family have licked their plates clean with every recipe I have put in front of them!! The recipes are clear and easy to follow with excellent illustrations. I am going to slowly work my way through from cover to cover.

We spend time in our villa in Portugal and this book is going to be invaluable as I leave my 23 year old son at home, who needs something that is quick and easy to prepare when he comes home from work. So from now on there will be a stack of meals with clear re-heating instructions on the top in the freezer.

Thanks again Justine a brilliant book.

by Mandy, Stone
on 8 August 2014
I was lucky to be given this book as a present and it is a truly useful recipe book that I use time and time again especially when stocking my freezer; clear, precise instructions using everyday ingredients. Unlike some other books the ingredients used are freely available and items from the ‘store cupboard’ are actually likely to be on the shelf at home.
Knowing that you can deal with any occasion from the freezer is very reassuring.
on 1 October 2013
I was lucky enough to be given this book and I absolutely love it so much so I have just purchased one for my Mother.
The recipes are so easy to follow and being a very busy working Mum it has become my recipe bible. I have found that using this book I can batch cook at the weekend and we have fresh home cooked meals every night with very little effort.
Preparing food this way I can make the most of offers at the supermarkets and cook large batches and freeze them for future use.
I would never have thought of preparing or freezing meals or unused veg in the past but with the handy freezing tips at the back of the book I have very little waste anymore, and therefore I'm saving money on my weekly shopping bill. - Delicious Easy Recipes, Freezer Tips and Saving Money who could ask for more
Freeze: 120 Delicious Recipes and Fantastic New Ways to Use Your Freezer and Make Life Just That Bit Easier