5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Cook Book
This is a fantastic book, beautifully written and illustrated and full of great recipes.It has a wide range of dishes you can make ahead of a party, or just cook and pop in the freezer for later. There are traditional family favourites,like stew and dumplings, lasagne and a very tasty fish pie, as well as some more exotic meals - I particularly like the lemongrass pork...
Published on 17 Mar. 2013 by James B

3.0 out of 5 stars Made a mistake and bought Kindle edition
Published 23 months ago by 3 legs

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks to be a Good Book, 20 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Freeze: 120 Delicious Recipes and Fantastic New Ways to Use Your Freezer and Make Life Just That Bit Easier (Hardcover)
Having recently taken possesion of this book it looks to have plenty of choices for meals etc.

3.0 out of 5 stars Made a mistake and bought Kindle edition, 15 Aug. 2013
The content of the book, its layout and tips appear to be fine. However, I bought the Kindle edition thinking I might be able to use it. For functionality I don't think the Kindle edition works. Although it comes with an enlargement for each paragraph incorporated to enable one to read what is written on the page ( the page itself is too small too read), it is not really user friendly. For instance one has to "page down" to read each ingredient in a recipe, instead of being able to read all the ingredients needed for a dish. It is not easy to find any particular page or item on the Kindle edition. Will probably end up buying the paper edition.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not frozen enough, 8 Jan. 2015
I read the reviews but still thought this recipe book would be good. It is great for helpful tips on freezing but, for me at least, was fairly poor on the recipes. Great idea - recipes divided into quick fixes, meals for one, family meals, entertaining, which I found really helpful. Less useful - there are only 9 recipes in meals for one (one of which is chilli and another bolognese). There are now calorie/fat/protein counts for any of the recipes. As examples of a recipes she gives that don't a freezer, she gives a recipe for sausage pasta when it only takes 30 mins from fresh and a recipe for sausage and mash with onion gravy. If you have a sweet tooth, this may be a fab book - she gives recipes for both puddings and cakes/cookies (23 recipes). Bizarrely, she also explains how to freeze sandwiches and olives - this may help some people but was not for me. I would have liked a lot more stew and soup recipes to put in portions and freeze - that really would have made life easier.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor ebook format, 10 April 2013
The ebook is like a PDF document. You can't change the view, you can't enlarge a passage and you can't change the font which is quite small. Hardly possible to look at it while cooking for example. It was very disappointing. The book might be good: just don't buy it on kindle!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2015
Great ideas for freezing and recipes

4.0 out of 5 stars but not for MY Kindle - perhaps would suit the new Kindle Fire?, 13 Jan. 2014
Disappointing as I had hoped to be able to download this onto my Kindle to carry around for shopping list purposes, and then use the pc and/or netbook at home and in the kitchen, but this book is impossible to read on the Kindle as previously described by another purchaser - the page comes up too small to read, and when you press the 'turn page' button each paragraph is enlarged to a readable size. This makes it tortuous to read as you are unable to get an overview of a recipe, and you can't flick through the book quickly to find a recipe - made doubly difficult by having no contents or index. I have arranged to return the Kindle edition as it won't allow me to download to any of my other devices, but I may end up buying a 'real' copy as it looks quite good from what I have seen struggling through to page 17.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I've read on freezing food, 9 May 2013
I think this book is fantastic, like most people I'm very busy and don't have time to cook every night. I've been freezing left over food for years but was never sure if I was doing the right thing and I wasn't sure how long it was safe to leave in the freezer.
At the back of the book is a fantastic section that explains how to prepare and freeze food. I'm no longer throwing out left over herbs, they go straight into the freezer and are used in my next recipe and I don't have to keep making Pavlova's with my left over egg whites or throwing them out as they can freeze as well. There are lot's of great ideas in this book.

All the recipes I've tried have been delicious and I can't wait to try more. This book if definitely for people who are busy and hate throwing out left overs and unused food.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book I will happily return to over and over, 12 Sept. 2013
Jo Bennie (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I have tried three recipes from this and found them all excellent, I have been able to freeze them down and now have a stash of meals, of extra importance as I am gluten intolerant and can't eat many ready meals. Each recipe is well laid out with a beautiful photograph, and clear instructions are given for freezing and serving after freezing. There are also extensive sections on how to freeze various foods, from simple ideas such as cutting meat into strips so that it can go straight into a frying pan to tables showing how to prepare foods for the freezer, how to wrap and store them, how to use them and how long to keep them. Definately a book that will go in my small stash of recipe books I actually buy and return to time and time again

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Useful, 17 Jun. 2013
I bought this book, and one for my Mum because we always disagree on what you can and can't do with regards to freezing. I've read cookery books by the Author before so I knew that it would be well written and easy to follow. I'm actually amazed at how much I've learned from it. I am a confident cook so only expected to pick up a few tips but it has actually been really useful. I think it is particularly good if you end up cooking in shifts to accommodate children coming home at different times. The meat section and the quick reference charts at the back are my favourite sections. There are also a lot of recipes, not just family meals- good section on entertaining too.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 11 Aug. 2013
I bought this book in the hope that it would have some interesting ideas for batch cooking for the freezer and I was disappointed. The recipes are given in small quantities, e.g. serves 6, and the recipes themselves are frankly very boring (pavlova, basic lamb curry and similar) and if you own more than 10 cook books you already have them all. However, what shifts it from two stars to three are the freezer tips which were useful. I did feel more confident with the type of food I could freeze after reading it but was not inspired by the recipes given here.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›