5.0 out of 5 stars A great read
My first Michel Roux Jnr book, but definitely not my last. It's full of great recipes and written in an easy to read way, with lots of anecdotes. I am a BIG fan of Michel Roux Jnr and love his wonderful enthusiasm for food, wine and cooking. A great book, worth every penny.
Published on 14 May 2011 by Dazza

2.0 out of 5 stars No pictures of the food, just pictures of Michel Roux drinking wine
I don't think a lot of love or attention went into this book - perhaps it was produced quickly for Christmas or something (it was a Christmas present from someone, in my case). There are hardly any pictures of the food to inspire you, just pics of Michel Roux himself in M&S shirts, quaffing wine! I mean I like the man, but I'd rather see the food. Even more annoying is...
Published on 29 Mar. 2013 by KVG

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Not brill, 29 April 2015
S. R. Liveley - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cooking with The Master Chef: Food For Your Family & Friends (Hardcover)
Very sorry have some of this guys other books and they are superb but this book is no better than ok. Not enough pictures to go with the recipes. When you buy these books it's always nice to see what the recipe should look like ,you can always alter them if you want .
It's a book that will prob sit on the shelf and not come out again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly wonderful and easy to follow, 10 Jun. 2012
My husband gave me this wonderful cookbook as a Christmas present. I truly love the way Michel makes it so easy to understand and follow. I am new to cooking, however, I have impressed my family & friends with the plates as if a man himself being in my little kitchen. Thanks to Michel and I would highly recommended this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Michel Roux, 19 Jan. 2013
a nicely put together book, and the recipes are well written and easy to follow. Hardy surprising coming from Michel Roux.! A pleasant mixture of every day recipes and special meals requiring a bit of thought.
I loved his explanations of why you put different ingredients together

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book by a Master Chef, 31 July 2011
One of the things this book benefits from is not, as for as I know, being attached to a TV Series. So many tv series accompaniment books are padded out with glossy pictures and recommendations on how to build the perfect store cupboard. This book has recipes. LOTS of recipes, with variations and suggestions for experimentation. What more could you want?

Love Michel, love this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book with lovely recipes, 30 May 2011
We had the pleasure of visiting Le Gavroche this year and are big fans of Michel Roux Jr's cooking.

The book is good, with detailed recipes and inspiring dishes which we've taken bits and pieces from to cook on our own

Wish there were more photos though

Recommended (and one day we will be brave enough to cook the souffle suissesse)

4.0 out of 5 stars three, 28 Jan. 2015
A nice book lots of easy to cook recipes for the home cook .I would have given five stars if there had been a photo for every dish.
Also I got this for three pounds on amazon instead of twenty five .very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooking with the Master Chef, 26 Dec. 2012
Bought this as a Christmas present. Personally, I like to have photos of each recipe, but other than that it seems a very nice book. Certainly the recipient was pleased with it and couldn't wait to get stuck in!

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant cooking, 3 Mar. 2011
I enjoy this book, would prefer more pictures though, some recipes look very complicated - should try one day, but many of them are quite straightforward. Posh but still achievable cooking :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 Sept. 2013
Not being much of a master chef myself I bought this to try and improve my overall skills in cooking and to try different things, can recommend this book to all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, it's all about the celebrity, 15 May 2011
I know the Masterchef thing is now a media frenzy, and M Roux was brilliant in Masterchef Professional, BUT... I do not need to be reminded of it all the time, or for all time, hardback edition. While I am sure this is not the fault of M Roux, whom I greatly admire as a chef (and whose book on sauces* I have given a 5 star review), let us just say that his editor has given us page after page of photographs of M Roux and, even, of his family, often instead of much needed photos of the food in question, and he is made to write more about himself than I, and I suggest he too, need for me to know.

Which makes this less of a cookbook and more of a TV spin off. If you are really interested in food, I suggest buying one of his other books for preference. This one did not make it on to my bookshelves.

*Michel Roux Sauces

‹ Previous | 1 2 38 | Next ›

Cooking with The Master Chef: Food For Your Family & Friends
Cooking with The Master Chef: Food For Your Family & Friends by Michel Roux Jr. (Hardcover - 2 Sept. 2010)