5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
This book is brilliant. It has everything you need in it: Chutneys, christmas cake, mince pies, fudge, truffles, soups, fish and lot's more.

It is broken down into sections, christmas eve, christmas day, boxing day and new years day. So you have got plenty of ideas for what to cook.

Also helps you with cooking a turkey - which is a big help if it is...
Published on 2 Oct 2010 by Karen Gooderham

1.0 out of 5 stars Ordered as a kindle copy instead of hard back
Cannot expand the pages, and its blurry. Do not down load on to kindle.

Cannot find away of cancelling and returning order
Published 15 days ago by STEVEN WILLIAM LEWIN

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Hairy Bikers' 12 Days of Christmas: Fabulous Festive Recipes to Feed Your Family and Friends (Hardcover)

Also helps you with cooking a turkey - which is a big help if it is your first time cooking one! Also how to cook different types of vegetables, how to do roast potato's and four different types of mash potato.

Idea's of what to do with left over meat is also good.

Another good cook book.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous book, fabulous recipes, fabulous festive times ahead, 18 Oct 2010
I have the previous 'Mums know best' recipe book and I worship it daily. I haven't owned that book that long and I think I have made most of the recipes. Needless to say I am a very popular friend. As soon as I heard they were doing a Christmas book I was as excited as a giddy kitten. Sad I know, but hey being a 'feeder' is something I love and what better way of showing your love than feeding glorious food to your loved ones during the festive season? Do not hesitate - this book is FAB-U-LOUS and I am having to restrain from bringing Christmas forward. I have already made lots of recipes (trial runs) and they have been amazing and have exceeded all expectations. It has also been my saviour in that it has solved lots of my Christmas Present dilemmas. With their consent, lots of friends and family are having home-baked hampers from me. They will be fab hampers as there are recipes for truffles and boozy festive tipples also. I have read it over and over and there is almost nothing in there that I would not cook. I have made a promise to hubby that there will be no more dinners from this book until December as otherwise it will be 'Christmas everyday' in this house and the biggest Christmas Pudding will be me. Seriously, this is a fantastic book and I would hug the boys for this great book if I ever met them. It will be your secret weapon in your Christmas kitchen and it would also make a treasured gift for all those people you love. From a much cuddlier, if somewhat premature, Mrs Claus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this!, 20 Oct 2010
Another brilliant book by the biker boys! Follows their other sucessful cook books in style and substance but with a christmas twist. This one was a no brainer for me - I have loved all their other books and this was no let down and proved to be just as excellant. There are recepies here that could be used at any time of year - I have already tried a couple. Really easy to follow, Sensible wholesome food that leaves a good old fashioned full feeling of contentment - like eating at gran's when I was a kid! Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Who knew I loved the Hairy Bikers?, 20 Oct 2010
There I was minding my own business wandering around Tesco when I found myself in the book aisle.

Remembering I had a glut of pears sitting in a box on my kitchen table I thought I would flick through a few of the new releases in search of inspiration. The other books had pear cake, pear pudding and pear crumble etc etc, but I knew without looking I had no room in my freezer to accomodate such things.

The hairy bikers 12 days of christmas? Surely that will be full of recipes for burgers, pies and MEAT - along with other such biker-esque fare? Imagine my suprise when I read the recipe for pickled pears, goose risotto, chocolate and chesnut roulade......

I bought the book and already have the pickled pears maturing in my cupboard, along with christmas pudding vodka, and Im planning on adding a christmas cake to my store

I cannot believe I have missed out on this fantastic duo for so long!! They now have a new fan in their biker gang!

This is a well thought out and well laid out book with fantastic recipes to get you all excited about Christmas. Packed full of recipes I cant wait to try....is it to early to get my advent calender out?

4.0 out of 5 stars A great Christmas recipe book, 4 Jan 2011
Excellent book - yummy yummy recipies and very easy to follow instructions as always with a lot of fun.
However the Christmas panna cotta recipe has too much gelatine in it and they turn out like window putty - so suggest ammending the quantity to at least half the recommended!
However - I just love their recipes - we had a totally yummy christmas (except for the panna cotta!!!!)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good effort..., 25 Nov 2010
I love the Hairy Bikers and I was really excited that they had a Christmas book as I also love Christmas! It arrived yesterday and it is a lovely book. It has some great recipes, particularly leftover recipes. They provide you with a very comprehensive plan for Christmas Day which schedules in a little time to put your feet up and have a sherry! As expected it is very quirky and has little jokes on some of the pages and makes for an enjoyable read due to it being written in Hairy Bikers' venacular.

I do like a book to have nice sections or to be ordered well. This book does has sections; Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Edible Gifts, Snacks and Nibbles, Leftovers etc but it is a little muddled at points. It has puddings and drinks mixed in with main courses etc.

All in all it is a great Christmas book and a very close 2nd to Nigella!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody Marvellous!, 22 Oct 2010
As if by the fate the book opened on Gin & Tonic sorbet!! this book is crammed full of good old fashioned hearty receipes with modern twists that you will struggle to make a decision as to what to try first! Definately recommend this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unlikely but unbeatable cookingand fun, 10 Jan 2013
Bought as a Christmas present for a friend. Seen by wife. Wife has bikers, friend has a last minute shawl

4.0 out of 5 stars cracking christmas book, 9 Dec 2011
Sam "Sam" (Worthing West Sussex UK) - See all my reviews
this is a lovely almost fully illustrated festive/winter cook book from the wonderful bikers. very clear concise and very accurate recipes. Several of which have been featured on the current series (from November 2011 on bbc2) of "Best of British".

Lots of traditional recipes, not just british traditional either it includes italian inspired dishes. A lovely left over roast turkey curry. Lots of nibble ideas too. Makes you hungry just flicking through. Have made the Ham hocks already, and got the pickled pears and onions all set and maturing too.

Another lovely festive book to add to your collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just For Christmas!, 30 Dec 2010
K. barton (uk) - See all my reviews
Fabulous book. I've tried so many different Gravlax recipes over the years and never really been satisfied until I tried the Christmas Gravlax in this book, stunning, you'd never quite be able to put your finger on the treacle and cumin.

Another recipe which got a big wow was the Smoked Mackeral Pate, this left me feeling like a big fraud because of the utter simplicity of the recipe.

There are a whole load of crowd pleasers in this book and I'll be using it over the year, especially when I'm catering for large numbers.

ARRAY(0xafbe34f8)