Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Learn more

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-9 of 9 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on 12 December 2014
Disappointing and I normally love their books. If you have their pie and/or curry book then many of the better recipes are repeats and I am sorry but cheesy mash is not something I need a recipe book for.
on 26 February 2015
Rather disappointed by this book it seems to random a selection of recipes and not as inspiring as other HB books
on 4 February 2015
It ok
on 29 March 2010
The TV series was entertaining, but my reaction to most of the recipes in this book was 'yuk'. Totally unflavoured boiled mince (oh, except for a lovely beef stock cube)covered with a pastry lid and cooked on a dinner plate - yum yum (not). Most of this stuff is bad 1970s cooking - there are reasons people don't cook these sort of dishes any more. Not least that we have a bit more idea about nutrition now. You can certainly see why the bikers are the size they are, if this is what they like to eat. It's not helped by the photography, which manages to make most of the dishes look desperately unnattractive. The positive points: some indian and greek recipes that look worth trying.
on 8 November 2012
Bought this for my old kindle to use as a reference for recipes so I could use it on a stand in the kitchen. The faintness of some of the text in the book makes it hard to read on the device and doubt it will get used very much. Have since bought the hardback version of the Mums Still Know Best and the difference is amazing. The colour pages and clearer text makes it much better guide. I am sure the hardcover version is OK, but cannot recommend this for the kindle. Also downloaded to the new paperwhite kindle I have just bought, and the text is still faint on the ingredients sections. Don't know why they just made all the text black instead of the greyscale especially for the kindle
on 11 December 2013
Mums Know Best: The Hairy Bikers` Family Cookbook

I found this very disapointing, Nothing new! I should have known better!
on 9 August 2010
I bougth this book based on the smount of 'good' reviews it had received. I have a large collection of cookery books and can never resist a new one to add to the collection, but I was very disappointed with this book as I didn't think it had anything new to offer and a bit uninspiring. (I suppose I should have realised that from the title that it was more family meals that dinner party recipes.) I expected some more original recipes such as the ones shown on 'food tour of britain'. However, I would consider buying another of their books, as it was clearly written.
on 26 April 2010
After enjoying their television series I thought the cookbook would be a great one to own and to give as a gift but I was wrong. Not nearly enough recipes but the photos were good. Not a patch on several other fairly similar books.
on 3 February 2010
Someone should contact the trades descriptions people, cos if these two are cooks then I'm Escoffier.

'Dave Myers joined the BBC as a make-up artist' and when they couldn't get Keith Floyd to front a new cookery show, used Dave because he could do his own eye shadow. It's like your mate who's rubbish at football being signed by Real Madrid. What a choker.

One positive is that their leaden attempts at humour are as wooden in print as they are on screen.

I bet they couldn't boil an egg...
1111 comments|3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse