Format: Hardcover|Change

on 12 October 2010
This has immediately become my favourite cookery book. Just flicking through I saw 5 things I wanted to taste and I tried out the pork chops in cider and cream sauce on the first night of owning the book. Who knew reduction could be so easy? Delicious! Have already bought other copies for friends.
on 3 October 2010
It's Sunday night now. A group of friends came round for Sunday lunch and I cooked three dishes from this book; starter, main course, dessert. Whole thing took less than an hour. At the end I got applause - for the first time - and didn't tell any of them that it was Marco who came up with the recipes! Sorry Marco. This is a great book - easy peasy and lovely photos. Sort of book you could have in the kitchen but read in bed. Love it.
on 13 November 2010
First things first - if you're already an amazing cook, then this might not be for you. I can cook relatively well, but this book just makes it so simple! The recipes are easy to understand, and really really work. I've tried several already and all have been winners on the table. The one thing Marcco is not is pretentious (unlike most chefs), so for the average person you'll love this book.
on 26 October 2010
Having once read "White Heat" and bemoaned the fact that I would never have the ability to produce any of its elaborate dishes, I welcomed "Marco Made Easy" with open arms. The recipes are fun to read and are also eminently cookable, either by following to the letter or adapting. And though they're simple, they're definitely not plain or boring. I've already tried a couple successfully and am keen to do more. Partly a plug for certain products, of course, but that is frankly acknowledged.
on 10 April 2016
Bought this for my sister, who said there were several recipes that she would be able to make good use of in this book, and the simplicity of the tasty dishes are a big plus. The sections of this book begin with Starters, then go onto Shellfish, Fish, Meat, Poultry and Desserts. I've given four out of five stars, because as is with any recipe book, there are always a number of dishes that will never get made.
on 21 May 2016
This is by far the best cookery book there is. Impress your guests with little to no effort, you almost feel you're conning them! The book is well written and very simple to follow. The ketchup chicken is my favourite!
on 12 September 2015
Great addition to any receipe book library. Good range of food types, simple but very effective ingredients; good photography. Have cooked the Peppered Steak, using Worcestershire Sauce & cream....... brilliant!! So simple, yet a very classy result.
on 3 October 2010
Firstly, the presentation is rather cheap: flimsy cover, thin pages and the recipes seem rather rushed, almost like bullet points. While this may suit some, I expected more passion from MPW.

Secondly, and more importantly, there is very little variety. There are over ten recipes for steak. Steak with this. Steak with that. We get it Marco. You like steak.

And the same applies to lamb, pork and chicken. There's no soup. Or pasta. Or even minced beef dishes (except steak tartare, which, unless you like raw mince, is a no-go).

Every main meal recipe, is either fish or meat. So if you're a veggie, or even if you occasionally like a non-meat meal, forget buying this.

Then there's the desserts. All except one are fruit desserts. And not one has pastry, so don't expect pies or tarts. If you like poached pears or peaches then great. But if you're looking for caramel, cream, chocolate, biscuit bases or good old-fashioned stodge, then this book ain't for you.

I was SO looking forward to this book coming out, as I am a big fan of his Little Black Book website. But I'm rather disappointed. There are plenty of cook books out there made with more variety and passion.

Sorry Marco!
on 8 October 2010
I was very disappointed with this book. Marco obviously loves his seafood and fish which, unfortunately, I don't. Very little variety in the main ingredients - Of the eleven recipes for beef, ten of them used fillet steak, the only lamb dishes were for Rump of Lamb and the only pork were for Double Pork Chops. The recipes included such 'store cupboard' items as oysters and snails (Tesco direct thought I was looking for 'Nails').
The methods in the recipes left a lot of unanswered questions and reminded me of the sort of thing you would hear as the narrative to a demonstration where you can see how to do what is being described.
Not 'Made Easy' at all.
on 17 December 2013
I cannot comment on the finished recipes as I have bought this book as a present for my son as he has quite a flair in the kitchen. I am sure he is going to appreciate the 'easy ingredients' and the great colour photos of each meal. This is sure to be a winner and I look forward to enjoying my sons cooking!!!