4.0 out of 5 stars Whimsical and inspiring
Adorably presented, this book blurs the line between being a story and an instructional. If you've ever made a sock monkey (or an elephant, as I also once made) then this is the book for you. The photos are well-composed and well-lit and the diagrams easy to decipher. I'm positively in love with the rabbit (page 10) and the pig (page 22).

Simple and adorable,...
Published on 30 Aug. 2007 by J. Dixon

3.0 out of 5 stars Sock toys
I bought this book for myself after mastering the art of making sock monkeys. There are some cute designs in there, but I didnt like the way that the limbs were attached to the bodies, so did my own version similar to how I do sock monkeys. However, the book has given me ideas on how to use gloves as well as socks, and I have designed and made mini monsters from gloves.
Published on 8 Feb. 2009 by Mrs. Julia F. Shortland

4.0 out of 5 stars Whimsical and inspiring, 30 Aug. 2007
J. Dixon (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sock & Glove (Paperback)

Simple and adorable, these pages will have you digging through your sock drawer for new friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite book, 12 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Sock & Glove (Paperback)
This book is completely brilliant. I think the idea is that you use up old socks and gloves, but the little animals are so adorable that I'm going to buy new ones specially. The book itself is beautifully presented and designed, and the instructions are clear. It would be an excellent present for someone with a young-ish child (5-10) as they could help make the toys too.

5.0 out of 5 stars cute!!, 2 Dec. 2007
This review is from: Sock & Glove (Paperback)
just got this book yesterday and I already made 3 'charming soft friends'! they're so easy to make and the toys are just adorable.

highly recommended for anyone who wants to get crafty but not ready to get in really complicated things

i find it especially therapeutic making them while watching movies/tv shows

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Oct. 2007
This review is from: Sock & Glove (Paperback)
My friend bought this book and has made two absolutely adorable 'sock' toys. They are fabulous and only took her a few hours to make! Im getting myself a copy, cant wait to get creative!

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning: you might start buying socks and gloves just for this book, 27 April 2008
This review is from: Sock & Glove (Paperback)
If you're new to the whole sock monkey thing (as I was) then this book is the perfect introduction as the diagrams and photos are all really simple and clear to follow. It gives you basic patterns for a range of misfit friends and is a great starting point for your own wacky creations. I totally adore the dog on the cover and might actually be forced to buy a pair of gloves specially to make him. As it is I've already used up loads of old socks on the other guys. The monkey is a classic and makes a great gift, especially for boys who are usually quite hard to please with a craft gift.

As other reviews have suggested the book itself is also a charming addition to your shelf, with the first half a story about all the sock and glove friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant, 12 April 2008
This review is from: Sock & Glove (Paperback)
The most adorable book which doubles up as a cute storybook and then provides very clear diagrams/photographs and instructions on how to create many animals such as a dog, monkey, bear, rabbit, pig, elephant, zebra, mouse, bird and others I may have forgotten. This book is a also a bargain! The book arrived only a couple of days ago and I made my first sock monkey yesterday. I say first because I'm going to make many more creatures - I think the elephant and zebra are next on my list!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow and so cute!, 30 Jan. 2009
S. Burt "Piggysue" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sock & Glove (Paperback)
I bought this book for a friend, but when it arrived I loved it so much I ordered one for myself!
I haven't actually MADE any of the puppets yet, but the book is so easy to follow I don't think i'll have a problem (I would say perfect for someone like me who doesn't know much about sewing).
The pictures are just as great, with full page colour photos that are soooooo cute! Definitely a book to buy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sock toys, 8 Feb. 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique book, 31 Dec. 2010
K. Burton "readmania" (Cotswolds) - See all my reviews
This book was on my daughter's Christmas list so I had no idea what it was until it arrived - I obviously had a quick look at it and was amazed by it! Not only was I enchanted by the gorgeous toys which had been so cleverly made using just socks or gloves - a unique idea anyway - but the layout and style of the book is unique too. It certainly isn't just a picture and then a list of instructions. The toys are beautifully photographed in the first part of the book then at the back you can look up exactly how each one was made. It is a joy to look at even if you have no intention of making any of the toys! It is set out so well that anyone would not only be inspired to want one of the cute teddies but to think that they could easily run one up. As I have now given the book to my daughter I am hoping she may feel this inspiration and make one for me!! I think I should be top of the list not my grandchildren.
Lovely book.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book with lovely photography, 22 Mar. 2009
R. Rooney (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I love this book, it is so clear that it makes sewing for beginners very simple and easy to follow. The designs are very sweet, and after making many sock monkeys before buying this book, I was incredibly pleased to get some ideas for some really cute glove animals! This book would make a great gift, especially if you also buy a load of silly socks and gloves to go with it!

Sock & Glove
Sock & Glove by Miyako Kanamori (Paperback - 9 Aug. 2007)
Used & New from: £22.37