5.0 out of 5 stars An inspirational book that reads as good as it looks
Published on 29 Oct 2000 by whowat@hotmail.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Misleading description
not all the pages were intact. Inside both the front and back pages, part of the pages had been cut up and taken out. Although very cheap I would have chosen another supplier that gave a true description.
Published 4 months ago by Tricia Brett

5.0 out of 5 stars An inspirational book that reads as good as it looks, 29 Oct 2000
This review is from: The Garden At Highgrove (Hardcover)
I recieved this book last week and havn't had my head out of it since!This would be classed as one of those publications termed a' coffee table book' absolutely beautiful to look at and the type you strategically place for all to see,but once you open it ,it gets even better. The photos inside are stunning and the commentary on how the garden evolved is interesting and informative without being heavy going.This book will inspire you whatever the size of your garden as all the ideas are adaptable and could easily be scaled down to suit the 'common' mans capabilities and budget(we havn't all got head gardeners tucked away!] There's also a very useful planting list at the back in great detail so if you see the picture of the pergola and it appeals it lists exactly the plants used and on which column etc so you can recreate the look.This book is not for the' ground force' gardener after instant effects in a weekend, but if you want a visually stunning and inspirational and suprisingly modern insight into a truly beautiful garden this is the book for you.I'm delighted with it

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, 30 Jun 2004
I. Holden (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a beautiful account of the transformation of the garden at Highgrove by the Prince of Wales. Whilst I do not have a country estate in which to garden, the pictures are inspirational to those of us who garden on a much smaller and humbler scale.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for serious gardeners & part time browsers, 5 Jan 2001
This review is from: The Garden At Highgrove (Hardcover)
This is the best gardening book I have ever read -it is full of new ideas,and stunning photographic evidence of the garden evolving.
It does not contain much in the way of technical knowledge, so if you fall in love with the planting you will need to refer to other sources for plant characteristics etc, but this does not detract from the book -indeed, it was not intended as a source of reference.
Quite the best Christmas present I received. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars b, 1 Feb 2010
This book never leaves my bedside, on dreary days it transports me, and I feel I am there walking and being still in such a lovely space. If it was my garden I would have to return after I died as I could not ever bear to leave it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Revealing and interesting, 5 Mar 2011
I was grateful for the other reviews on Amazon which encouraged me to buy this for a member of the family. When it came however, I sat down to look at the pictures and could not stop until I had read it all! It is really well presented and takes you through the garden so that you sort of feel you've been round it. I was particularly impressed by the decision to make it organic and that was far sighted and is inspiring.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Garden At Highgrove (Hardcover)
Purchased for a friend who loves all things Prince Charles related and also gardening - couldn't be better. Initial copy (used admittedly) received was in very tatty state and water stained. It was replaced very quickly, with no quibbles, by the expected copy in excellent condition. Would have been nice if I'd got the correct one first time around, but worth waiting for I'm told.

3.0 out of 5 stars Misleading description, 14 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Good reminder of a great day out., 12 May 2013
Lovely book to dip in and out of - fabulous pictures to accompany the story of the development of HRH's garden.
A really good momento of a recent trip to Highgrove - now I can put all the information / photos into the context of the lay out of the estate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - Informative & good photography, 2 April 2013
This review is from: The Garden At Highgrove (Hardcover)
Very nice book, very imformative, with good photpgraphy. Give an inside to HRH input into the gardens

A definite recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting book, 4 Jan 2013
This book was a nice surprise I have to say. Very lovely pictures and interesting reading. I reccomend this book to everybody that are interested in eco friendly gardening.

ARRAY(0xb6249c00)

The Garden At Highgrove
The Garden At Highgrove by Candida Lycett Green (Hardcover - 12 Oct 2000)
Used & New from: 2.46