Format: Hardcover|Change

on 29 October 2000
I recieved this book last week and havn't had my head out of it since!This would be classed as one of those publications termed a' coffee table book' absolutely beautiful to look at and the type you strategically place for all to see,but once you open it ,it gets even better. The photos inside are stunning and the commentary on how the garden evolved is interesting and informative without being heavy going.This book will inspire you whatever the size of your garden as all the ideas are adaptable and could easily be scaled down to suit the 'common' mans capabilities and budget(we havn't all got head gardeners tucked away!] There's also a very useful planting list at the back in great detail so if you see the picture of the pergola and it appeals it lists exactly the plants used and on which column etc so you can recreate the look.This book is not for the' ground force' gardener after instant effects in a weekend, but if you want a visually stunning and inspirational and suprisingly modern insight into a truly beautiful garden this is the book for you.I'm delighted with it
on 30 June 2004
This is a beautiful account of the transformation of the garden at Highgrove by the Prince of Wales. Whilst I do not have a country estate in which to garden, the pictures are inspirational to those of us who garden on a much smaller and humbler scale.
This is the best gardening book I have ever read -it is full of new ideas,and stunning photographic evidence of the garden evolving.
It does not contain much in the way of technical knowledge, so if you fall in love with the planting you will need to refer to other sources for plant characteristics etc, but this does not detract from the book -indeed, it was not intended as a source of reference.
Quite the best Christmas present I received. I cannot recommend it highly enough.
on 1 February 2010
This book never leaves my bedside, on dreary days it transports me, and I feel I am there walking and being still in such a lovely space. If it was my garden I would have to return after I died as I could not ever bear to leave it.
on 5 March 2011
I was grateful for the other reviews on Amazon which encouraged me to buy this for a member of the family. When it came however, I sat down to look at the pictures and could not stop until I had read it all! It is really well presented and takes you through the garden so that you sort of feel you've been round it. I was particularly impressed by the decision to make it organic and that was far sighted and is inspiring.
on 4 June 2014
Wonderful book. Beautiful photographs. Excellent garden description. Exact what we wanted as a preview before our visit to the garden this summer
on 12 May 2013
Lovely book to dip in and out of - fabulous pictures to accompany the story of the development of HRH's garden.
A really good momento of a recent trip to Highgrove - now I can put all the information / photos into the context of the lay out of the estate.
on 26 May 2014
We are visiting Highgrove next month and wanted to see what it had to offer (didn't want to miss anything!) It is an excellent book telling the history and more important telling me about the garden. I am now really looking forward to the visit.
This book was a nice surprise I have to say. Very lovely pictures and interesting reading. I reccomend this book to everybody that are interested in eco friendly gardening.
on 2 April 2013
Very nice book, very imformative, with good photpgraphy. Give an inside to HRH input into the gardens

A definite recommend