5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book :)
This book really surprised me int the way it is written. I have shyed away from "inner child" work in the past, but thought I`d give this book a go. It is written in a clear, easy to read way conveying so much that many survivors of childhood rape / sexual abuse take many years to find the words.
Published on 20 April 2009 by Someone

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read but the Kindle Edition has a few 'oddities'
Published on 28 Aug 2011 by T. Irving

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book :), 20 April 2009
This review is from: Rescuing the "Inner Child": Therapy for Adults Sexually Abused as Children (Human Horizons Series): Therapy for Adults Sexually Abused as Children (Human Horizons Series) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars a very kind book, 12 April 2008
I have read a few books on abuse and my girlfriend is a survivor . I found this a very kind book , it gave me more insight , it puts ideas we had already thought of in a very simple way , and i think it will be a big help to us both

5.0 out of 5 stars a great book, 2 Aug 2011
I thought this was a really good book, very sensitively and warmly written with very effective and simple techniques to help overcome the trauma. I actually borrowed it from the library and then decided I wanted to own it to help me in my counselling work. Well worth reading and useful for any inner child issues not just sexual abuse.

5.0 out of 5 stars brillaint scarey mind blowing life saving, 9 Oct 1999
By A Customer
as a former victim of incest i read this book with real fear that rapidly turned to hope and joy. penny parks gave me back my hope, my capicity for joy, my life. read this book, take the first step to being whole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading, 30 April 2013
I. Wilson "Bigiainw" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
My partner is a survivor of an abusive childhood.

I read this book when she fiorst disclosed to me in 1992 and it helped me come to terms with her experiences and make sense of my responses to her experience. I cannot recommend it more highly than that, and the fact that after 20 years, we are still together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book But....!, 9 Nov 2012
Would be very careful when you read it as insightful but can bring up
scary emotions if you have not looked at your own abuse before or
are not in counselling right now. Careful reading recommended and
leave it down when it gets too much.

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read but the Kindle Edition has a few 'oddities', 28 Aug 2011
T. Irving "Little Enid fan" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
For the writing and subject matter I would give top marks but because it is a Kindle version it is not quite deserving of those top marks. I don't know how Kindle editions are produced but sometimes it seems that the wrong words, which may look a little like the words on the printed page in poor light, are provided. This can have the effect of stopping the reader mid-flow, which can be irritating. I had the great privilege to meet the author recently and I mentioned this to her but she was unaware of the problem and asked her partner to look into it, so possibly it has been reviewed and recitfied? I wouldn't let it put you off buying the book though because the ideas are fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars MOVING ON-A VICTIM NO LONGER!, 22 Nov 2011
As a Traditionally Trained Counseller-(and previously a Victim of Child Abuse myself)-I also followed up my training by studying the Parks Inner Child Therapy!It was extremely good!Subsequently-I Founded a Charity-working with-mostly- Adult Victims of Child Abuse!
The Penny Parks Therapy-in my opinion-reaches deep inside us-to the Child we were-when the abuse was dealt us.It helps enormously-to open up tightly locked doors leading us back in time-to that same Child.Enabling the Adult-to FEEL and try to recognise the harm that was done!The 'changes' it made to the FUTURE we WOULD have had and helps us to un-tangle the knots created by the initial abuse and to subsequently begin to make the neccessary changes-in order to lead a happier-more fullfilled -life!
An EXCELLANT and VALUABLE piece of material!

2.0 out of 5 stars Very difficult read, 7 Jun 2009
L. Macleod "Lynn" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
I really wanted to like this book, after reading about Penny Parks she seemed like she knew what she was doing (and obviously does)

I found this book very distressing to read. I simply couldn't cope with it and I gave it a wide berth. Maybe I shouldn't write this review as I did not finish the book but I just wanted to add my bit.

It was easier for me to start of with a more gentle approach.

If you want to read about oter peoples stories of abuse then this book delivers. I couldn't read them through the tears!

5.0 out of 5 stars COMPASSION AND UNDERSTANDING, 12 Aug 2011
L. Schofield "lms" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
Penny writes with compassion, and doesn't shy away from anything in this book - memories, stories that are hard to hear, let alone to tell. Reading others stories, told with courage and honesty, breaks the secrecy and silence around these issues. For therapists, it illuminates the pain and depravity experienced by our clients; for survivors it offers the realisation that we are not alone and hope for the future. Putting the past behind us and emerging not only whole, but vindicated, stronger and proud is possible.
Thank you Penny for your courage, determination and honesty - you forged a path to recovery for many.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›