5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you use the CD as often as possible!!
I was sceptical when I finished reading the book but as my nearerst hospital was so overcrowded I decided to go with it and aim for a water birth at home. I listened to the CD whenever I could and it helped me relax throughout my pregnancy. To be honest I expected it to not be a massive help during the labour as I hadn't done classes but I couldn't have been more wrong...
Published on 7 Aug. 2009 by Ms. E. Holt

2.0 out of 5 stars Ideology as much as self-help
Supporters of this book will all insist that it should be used in conjunction with a course, and this is true, because you can't do hypnotherapy from a page. However, it should also be pointed out that hypnobirth courses are expensive, to the tune of several hundred pounds. This is a business as much as a book. You can use a similar method with Natal Hypnotherapy for much...
Published on 9 Feb. 2011 by Hello

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, life-changing book!, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Hypnobirthing: The Breakthrough to Safer, Easier, More Comfortable Childbirth (Paperback)
Very practical and scientific approach to natural birth in general and HypnoBirthing in particular. This book gives you an incredible level of confidence in your ability to give birth naturally, it really empowers you with knowledge and inspires you in preparation for birth.

In combination with Marie Mongan's relaxation and concentration CD - priceless!

I also accidentally bought another edition of this same book (yellow cover), they turned out to be virtually identical in content with very few minor deviations, but I preferred this book - thicker, whiter and nicer paper used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped me relax a lot, 23 Jan. 2014
A useful practical guide to help stay calm and focused during pregnancy and early labour. Personally i needed drugs in the later stages for delivery of my first baby as i don't enjoy the sensation of contractions, but this really helped me stay calm and breathe deeply until the nurses were ready to administer them. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit full on, 12 Sept. 2013
To be honest I've only got halfway through as after ordering the more UK friendly Natal Hypnotherapy Maggie Howell cd I didn't feel I needed to carry on with this. I agree with some of the principles but it does go into a lot of depth and detail and I don't think needed that, just want to relax!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE this book, 26 July 2011
This is my new bible! I am only 20 weeks and have read it once and am about to start reading it again. I cannot comment on whether this method actually works during labour but I definitely feel more prepared for my labour and more aware of all my options. I love the idea that we can 'breathe' the baby down instead of lots of strenuous painful pushing.
I will be looking into classes, but think even from reading the book - however many times it ends up being - will benefit me greatly. It refers to a CD which I would like to get so worth considering buying both of these at the same time.
Happy birthing :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 10 Feb. 2015
Excellent

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought-provoking, 27 Dec. 2010
The first part of this book is excellent, explaining, basically, that the more relaxed a woman can be during childbirth, the less pain she will feel. However, the very detailed descriptions of specific relaxation exercises given later in the book imply that the method presented is the *only* way to stay relaxed during labour. While these exercises are probably very useful if accompanied by the CD, in isolation, I wonder about their usefulness.

2.0 out of 5 stars bit of a let down, 8 Mar. 2012
Alot of waffle about the history of the process, think ill of given birth before i get to the good bits! also often refers to the cd that you dont get with the book, not as helpful as I was hoping!

5.0 out of 5 stars I had most beautiful HypnoBirth!!, 11 Feb. 2010
Ms. Cheryl L. Kennedy "chez" (glasgow) - See all my reviews
Fantastic book I had HypnoBirthing lessons at a class though which was much better and fully explained the book

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Jan. 2015
Fine

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 20 Aug. 2014
All very well in theory, but be aware that such an experience is rarely likely

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›