on 9 March 2001
For both Ronald Searle fans and those reader's unfamiliar with his work, this book is a literary delight! Searle takes the reader through various shapes and sizes of cats portrayed in real-life and sometimes rather compromising situations with quirky one-liners relating to each drawing. This, combined with the subtle humour true to Searle's form, and some exquisite characaturing, he creates a humourous, light-hearted piece of work - an absolute must for cat-lovers and coffee tables alike!
Enjoy!
on 31 January 2013
I'm so glad that I bought this book.The collection of postcards I had featuring some of these wonderful drawings have not fared well from being displayed on my fridge for some years so it's great to have them - and more - collected in one book. The man was a genius. It makes me laugh just to look at them without even have to study them for the more layered humour.
on 17 May 2010
I know Searle since I am 14 years old, now I'm 68.I believe that Ronald is absolutely age-less.Beside, the drawings the style the artist hand the tecnique are as today unmatched and represent a way to understand the world. Together with few others like Sempè (france) or Novello (Italy) is a Mith!
on 30 June 2015
Perfect condition - better than quoted - was brand new. Very pleased - thanks
on 30 November 2013
A wonderful amusing delight !!!!!! One of the best presents !! To leave around the house, to cheer you up, to keep by the bedside and start the day with a happy grin !!!
on 14 February 2016
Hilarious brilliant love it
on 9 May 2014
Bought as a present for my cataholic mum and she loves it. Takes us back to the 70s when we had an unusually repulsive cat ..... :-D
on 28 December 2010
The book arrived in good condition and in good time. I gave it as a present to my daughter who loved it. It was a great success!
on 26 December 2012
Very amusing and met with approval. Perhaps could have been improved with a bit of biographical detail of Ronal Searle.