Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 25 October 2010
This book of exercises, based on the famous book Drawing On The Right Side Of The Brain does really work. Be careful though, I bought this book of exercises and the book itself, but they are really just a repetition of each other so I wouldn't bother to buy both. This book would be ideal for those who are not really interested in going into depth regarding how this method works and the influence that the exercises have on the brain. So if you just want to learn to draw, buy this version.
11 comment123 of 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 May 2009
Did it myself. I'm in the arts industry but after spending too much time infront of a computer needed a refresher course in seeing (rather than just looking and presuming what you think is there) Reminded me of exercises that art teachers did at art school (before still-life & life-drawing went out of fashion). I have recently bought one for my 9 year old daughter.

If you are not a teacher i would just get this workbook and not bother with the theory one.
11 comment66 of 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 October 2010
I found this workbook to be very informative and it has already changed the way I look at drawing. I would recommend this book to those who may already be practising artists but feel that they could improve their drawing skills or who were never taught how to draw properly.
on 7 July 2010
I'm finding this book very useful and practical, I now believe that in time, even I can become a good Artist.
on 2 April 2009
The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain Workbook is a great book. A true step by step training manual full of useful tips, lots of encouragement and breaking the myth that few are born artists. From the beginning you are assured that you can draw and with practice can only get better. The irritating problem is that the exercise page format throughout the entire book is a different size to (smaller than) the supplied picture plane. This obviously creates problems and the only way around it is to redraw the format before each exercise. A right pain!
11 comment56 of 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 April 2010
If you think you can't draw, this is the book for you! It really is amazing and very unusual! You even have to draw upside down pictures! Sounds bizarre? But it really works! You will be amazed at your drawing skills!!! A great buy!
on 10 April 2013
This is hands on. It forces you to not only read the theory but actually do it and in an order in which you can progress slowly but surely. It does alter how you see things for the better. I would recommend.
on 21 August 2010
This was the fourth copy of "Right side" that I have bought in both book and workbook format. I have as an artist used it myself to focus myself on drawing and have given copies as gifts to friends who say that they can't draw. Many painters don't necessary draw as well, but learning to see intensely, switching off the left brain distractions is a skill that everyone can learn from this book.
VINE VOICEon 27 December 2015
A few years ago I bought “Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain” (see page 22) and really struggled with it. I had difficulty focusing and when I saw this book on Amazon it seemed like a good excuse to force myself to do something positive. It measures 25cm wide by just over 30cm high, is spiral bound (so lays flat) and consists of 146 pages. The book is divided into five parts (The Perception of Edges, The Perception of Spaces, The Perception of Relationships, The Perception of Lights & Shadows and The Perception of the Gestalt), then further sub-divided into 40 exercises spread throughout the sections. It follows the original book by Betty Edwards and is designed to supplement it. I’ve decided to use it in conjunction with the original book and see how it goes. Wish me luck!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 September 2010
EXELLENT EXELLENT IF YOU WANT TO DRAW EVEN, IF YOU THINK YOU CAN NOT THIS A GREAT BOOK |i WOULD RECOMMEND THIS BOOK TO ANY WANNABEE ARTIST OR TO SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO IMPROVE THEIR EXISTING SKILLS.