5.0 out of 5 stars New Seka
Published on 10 Aug. 2006 by Gaz Pacho

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money
As other reviewers have already pointed out, there is nothing in here that will help you to heal yourself. Most of the book is frankly, an autobiographical sales pitch.

Published on 16 Aug. 2010 by Mr

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, 16 Aug. 2010
Mr (Bleadon, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: You Can Heal Yourself: Bio-Energy and the Power of Self-Healing (Paperback)

The tips on how to improve your health are just common sense; eat healthily, avoid stress, do some exercise. Nothing enlightening in that. The only thing in here which you may not have read before is about geopathic stress, but there are far better resources on that topic than this book.

If you're interested in geopathic stress you'd be better off researching it using that well-known search engine. You'll learn a lot more about it that way than you'll get from this book.

And finally; I have actually had treatment from SN and despite her assurances that it would work, it did nothing to improve my health. It was a very expensive mistake and I would not recommend her. If you're ill and think she's your last hope at recovery think long and hard before you trust her. Buyer beware!

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Title, 2 Jun. 2007
The title of this book suggests it will be a helpful tool for improving your health - it isn't!

The book is pretty much an autobiography of the author ( me me me me me) and the actual main healing advice is one short chapter at the end. In this chapter there is a combination of common sense advice e.g. eat healthily(!) along with some just downright silly suggestions.

If you want a book to help you get well - don't bother with this one!

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT BE FOOLED BY THE COVER, 31 Aug. 2007
Having just forced myself to read this book cover to cover, in the hope of finding anything promised in the title and the spiel on the sleeve I was left very annoyed, disappointed and frankly feeling slightly ripped off.

The majority of this book is a very boastful, autobiographic defence of Nikolics healing powers. Far too much was spent giving evidence of her abilities, name dropping and massive chunks of self-praising pats on the back. It's not till you get to the final chapters of this book that you start to get the advice promised on the cover and it's not that original - advice that can be found on searching for free on Google.

However Nikolic with this book guarantees a continuous drip of clients with more money than sense, and even if you cant get on her waiting list for a fee she can heal you from anywhere in the world - nice.
Highly recommend: The Tibetan Art of Positive Thinking by C Hansard and Think your way to happiness by Dryden and Gordon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm..., 9 Jun. 2011
When I ordered this book I thought I will be baying a book from which I could learn some techniques to help myself but this book is about Seka's life. Unfortunately I ordered 2 books from her and they seem to be the same kind of writing-they are entertaining but not something I was looking for really. I do admire Seka's work but I found the title of the book misleading.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Memoir Mis-titled, 25 April 2010
Bridget McKenna (Seattle WA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this book on the strength of knowing that Paul McKenna frequently recommends Seka Nikcolic to his clients, and seems to think she does great work. She may indeed, but this book is not an example of it, despite the title.

90% of the book is a memoir of Seka's life as a healer, and quite a bit of lengthy and self-congratulatory recounting of cures she has effected. Only in the last chapter did she offer any advice for what a reader might do to improve health, and 90% of that was so general as to be laughable. I found it disappointing in the extreme.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete waste of time and money..., 19 Jun. 2008
I bought this book more or less because Paul McKenna endorsed it and, up until now, respected his judgement and integrity. This book is just a vehicle for the author to blow her own trumpet and includes precious little 'self help'. In fact, the author frequently implies throughout the book that her special ability is unique to her, and infers that the rest of us haven't got a snowball's chance in hell of attaining these 'powers'. It's good for one thing - sending you off to sleep, it's so boring. I'm probably more cheesed off that I was taken in by it or dared to believe a respected hynotherapist's recommendation. Don't bother with this unless you really don't have anything better to do.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating book on healing, 29 May 2006
Great book and a fascinating insight into an exceptional healer.

For the sceptics, persevere with this book. Initially, it is hard to believe that someone can have such a gift - as many case studies mention in the book, Seka appears to perform miracles. I think that calling Seka a miracle worker undermines her abilities. She has skills and gifts that people may find hard to comprehend and would dismiss - so keep an open mind.

As the book progresses, Seka's nature is clearly transmitted as someone committed to helping others. Despite her extraordinary gift, the book clearly directs the reader to become their own healer and that the individual must take responsibility for their own life and energy. In the end there is no magic bullet, no handing over of responsibility to someone else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it says in the title, 19 Dec. 2007
VONNIE257 "Spiritual Angel" (Foscot, Oxon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this booking hoping to learn how to heal myself with positive thinking and other tips. The book is a sad disappointment, its all about the author and how she became a "healer", giving case book stories of her "cures". There is one chapter supposedly dedicated to healing yourself in which it tells you all the things any intelligent person would know anyway, like: eat well, exercise and the other usual stuff. This book is a complete waste of money and I am disappointed that Paul Mckenna felt he had to write a forward to a most misleading book.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Seka, 10 Aug. 2006
Seka Nikolejvic has produced an excellent book on what she calls 'natural healing'. The foreword is by Paul Mckenna, someone who I generally mistrust (he once made me french kiss my friend's grandmother - I'd been hypnotised into thinking she was Carol Vorderman). However Mckenna's surprisingly good build-up is surpassed by Seka. Crystals, magnetic waves, tender spots, power zones and natural tools can assist us all in breaking out from behind our self-imposed prison bars. Seka also suggests natural healing remedies for better health as well. I'm regular as clockwork now, using the power of crystals and a big bowl of prunes. And I even managed to get rid of a verruca through positive thinking. But Seka's biggest triumph is in allowing us to influence the world around us. She suggests chants and transum-focusing which can, for example, get your neighbours to turn their telly down, or re-program your cat to chuck up his furball outdoors rather than in. These simple techniques can make your personal bubble a more positive place to inhabit, one with a far more pleasant aroma.

5.0 out of 5 stars you can heal yourself, 20 Sept. 2008
Mrs. Valerie Hickey (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
What a fantastic person Seka comes across as, she has had so much to deal with. My 8yr old has been diagnosed as having epilepsy. We have no family history of this illness but this book gives comfort in so far as there are aternitive treatments out there. I would love to give Jordan the opertunity of meeting such a wonderful person. You are great!

You Can Heal Yourself: Bio-Energy and the Power of Self-Healing