5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended!
I find reading Richard Rohr really refreshing. I am currently reading this for the second time, and am getting new things from it all the time. It is extremely helpful to read his views on faith and Christianity, not least because it helps me begin to understand why I found church so frustrating and found God so distant for so many years. This book and others by...
Published on 5 April 2013 by JW

3.0 out of 5 stars Better to be found
As an attempt to infuse Christianity with life, and doing so without discarding its older and time worn traditions, this is worth a read. Yet I have found Thomas Merton's various explorations of the "true" and "false" self to have greater insight, clarity and guidance. Also, and this may well seem pedantic, but Mr Rohr should try to stop saying that Buddhists speak of the...
Published 1 month ago by Kindle Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars indescribably good., 7 July 2014
Fr Richard put into words truths that seem obvious once he has said them. This is a great encourage and challenge to me to seek and strive for these truths to be a reality in my life.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great explanation of the mystic path beyond the ego, 21 Dec. 2013
Joseph Cash (London, London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a great overview of how spirituality can help us transcend the small, ego-based self, so as to discover the True Self behind all appearances. It is written from a mystical Christian perspective, but would be useful for any spiritual seeker (from any tradition or none) who is open to the author's use of Christian symbology. This symbology adds a richness to the explanation of the spiritual path as it is making use of symbols that are deep in the unconscious mind of anyone raised in the West. It would also be of interest to Christians exploring a deeper, more inclusive, more creation-centred and less dualistic Christianity and would be a wonderful companion text to Brian McLaren's 'A New Type of Christianity'. A deeply rewarding and life-affirming book.

4.0 out of 5 stars An inspiring book., 18 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self (Paperback)
I found this book inspiring .It took me a long time to truly digest all of its content.Firstly I read it through fairly quickly, underlining sections I wanted to go back to.Then I re -read it all, Taking time to think about its content.It agreed with many of my deepest thoughts which I had tried to bury, thinking they were heretical and making me think I was not worthy to be called a Christian.This book has changed all that and taken me back to our truly Christian roots.I am very grateful to Richard Rohr for taking the time and effort to write this book.Any one who is interested in how many of today's Christians have deviated from Christ's original teachings should read this book.I hope it leads them to a deeper, less judgemental view of humanity.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comments, 30 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self (Paperback)
I would have rated it even higher, but although I loved almost everything he said, he went into a spiteful critique on 'psychotherapy' -typical of the RC Church which always thinks it knows better than anyone else how to heal the sick, but is often blind-sided by prejudice.
Of course it may have been that of the American model of psychotherapy and psychoanalysis which is money-grubbing and often flaky, but I don't think it applies to the majority of my British colleagues - christian or not.

Otherwise, as said, I like his style and found it all helpful. I'm likely to buy his other books, and I suppose it's a sort of compliment that I wish I could argue with him face to face!
elinor.kapp@gmail.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Such an important book, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self (Paperback)
This book was so 'full' I am having to read it twice. Would recommend to anyone, with the caveat that I think you have to be 'ready' to read it. Fundies will hate it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Mar. 2013
Worth reading again and again, it is like turning the lights on.... In my opinion!

It is deeply enlightening. The thirst for wholeness becomes apparent psalm 42 ....... C. Jung et al. Spiritus contra..... Life in general.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 29 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self (Paperback)
As with all of Richard Rohr's writing, this is an inspiring book. He manages to make the complex simple and encourages us to search for the True Self in our quest for a deeper spirituality and relationship with God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Identity, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self (Paperback)
I am a great fan of Richard Rohr, and was looking forward to this book coming out. It does not disappoint, but takes one to a new depth in oneself, where one can find the true self. The inner life is full of meaning in a world where the outer life is so often hard, complexing, horrifying but by goin g inward, then one can face the outer world in a different and more fulfilling way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 May 2015
The usual standard of writing and content expected from Richard Rohr. Challenging and enlightening. Angela Morris

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self (Paperback)
I have read other books by Richard Rohr and find them very helpful as they express what i could never put into words. The author speaks from the heart from his own experience giving a novel slant on spirituality.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self
Immortal Diamond: The Search for Our True Self by Richard Rohr (Paperback - 21 Feb. 2013)