5.0 out of 5 stars Good read for Lent, 23 Feb 2011
Rob (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lent for Everyone: Matthew Year A (Paperback)
If you want a good book for Lent, Tom Wright's Lent for Everyone is worth a try. Not only will you find yourself discovering
new insights into the story of Jesus in Matthew's Gospel in the commentary which follows the reading for each day of Lent, you will also find yourself reading through the Gospel itself. My suggestion is that this is worth taking each section slowly and if you've time, to pay each day another visit. It will certainly enrich your Lenten journey and there will be much to reflect on
afterwards as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lenten Reading, 15 April 2011
This review is from: Lent for Everyone: Matthew Year A (Paperback)
This book was purchased for a small church House Group to read during Lent, the reactions I have received are very positive. Tom Wright's translation has caught the imagination and the commentaries are deep, and I would say, more suited to those who are some way along their pilgrim journey. I have also found this book very helpful and challenging during this penitential season and has been a good preparation for Good Friday and Easter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good study for Lent, 14 Feb 2011
J. Fiske - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lent for Everyone: Matthew Year A (Paperback)
Excellent, easy to read and yet challenging, this book will make a wonderful group read for Lent. I am looking forward to using it with a small group. Book arrived in record time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Matthew for Everyone, 11 Feb 2011
This review is from: Lent for Everyone: Matthew Year A (Paperback)
At the point of writing this review I have not used this particular book - I bought for use in Lent. BUT I have read Tom Wright's Matthew for Everyone - and I guess this will be similar. Indeed, I have read all of Tom Wright's "for Everyone" Bible Reading 'commentaries'. They are incredibly accessible, and open up new insights into the New Testament writers. I loaned one to someone recently who was reluctant to take it because they thought it might be difficult. They just asked if they could hang on to it because it was so good. I 100% recommend this, and any in this series, to anyone who want to read and understand the New Testament.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deeply moving, 30 April 2014
Tom Wright is like an elder Christian brother guiding his younger sisters and brothers into a deeper realisation of our heavenly father's amazing love for us all. I feel a fresh awareness from the daily meditations during this lent of my life as a child of God, and My responsibilities to share this with others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Lent study, 26 April 2014
Helen (Middlesex, UK) - See all my reviews
When you're looking d something a bit more meaty than the usual daily Bible reading notes, Tom Wright never disappoints.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lent for Everyone, 24 April 2014
This review is from: Lent for Everyone: Matthew Year A (Paperback)
A very good book. There is really not much more to say about the book. I propose that you all read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, 22 April 2014
A solid readable devotional with great day to day application

I would readily recommend Tom Wrights Bible for Everyone series

4.0 out of 5 stars Tom Wright, Lent for Everyone - Matthew, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Lent for Everyone: Matthew Year A (Paperback)
This was the book used in the Lent Discussion Group I attended. I have never read Tom Wright's books before but found this one fascinating and well written even for the non-intellectuals such as myself. It certainly gave plenty of scope for discussion and I will read more of his books in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Appreciated, 13 April 2014
I have Appreciated the continuity of this course. There are excellent notes with each reading.which enlarges the understanding of the passage

Lent for Everyone: Matthew Year A
Lent for Everyone: Matthew Year A by Tom Wright (Paperback - 13 Jan 2011)
5.61