on 3 September 2009
I have found this very helpful in my search to trace my Family History. Each page is full of information on how to do it.The way it shows how to navigate the web pages is brilliant showing you photo's of each web page and what to look for and what information to enter.I have seen many books on family history but nothing is as good as this.
I was so impressed with the book that I bought another for a friend as a present.
on 11 April 2009
There are a number of such guides to tracing family history on the internet but, having used the resources of the local library to browse all such available items, I opted for this volume as being comprehensive and ideal for beginners.
David Jones
on 5 January 2010
I thought this to be a very user friendly reference book and although I haven't put the information into practice yet I'm looking forward to doing so and feel sure that I will be dipping into the book for a long time to come yet. I didn't feel intimidated about the language used as it appeared to be on my level, which is pretty basic when it comes to INTERNET use. I'm so pleased I bought it and have already recommended it to like-minded senior friends.
on 6 September 2010
For persons starting out on this road this book gives step by step guides which are very useful. It also holds a wealth of information about so many sites. Would recommend.
on 7 July 2011
Completely satisfied just what I wanted. Good value for the money paid. Opened up some extra sites for information Although it was a little out of date with costs .
on 26 December 2010
An excellent reference book for Family Tree addicts, good price and extremely quick delivery - only 1.5 days from ordering to delivery, just before Christmas too!
on 9 January 2013
Getting a bit out of date now.
Also it's impossible for a book to remain up to date after publicationand also difficult to pitch itself to all levels of reader.
I bought it to give me some extra ideas to use 'tracking down dead people' (as my wife describes it!)
on 19 April 2015
I am extremely pleased with it and find it easy to read and follow. Makes life so much more simple with expert advice.
on 29 August 2015
An excellent overview and introduction to searching one's family history
on 28 September 2014
A minefield of information on a very difficult subject made easy.